Senior Quantity Surveyor
Senior Quantity Surveyor
£49,913 per annum (rising to £52,540 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance) – Company car or car allowance included
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor will join the Construction team within the wider Development function. The team manages and constructs homes procured on a traditional Joint Contracts Tribunal (JCT) contract. We are looking for an ambitious individual with strong contractual understanding of housing construction and the ability to innovate to join this growing team.
The role of Senior Quantity Surveyor will include:
- Handling the procurement and preparation of subcontract packages and monitoring and valuing subcontract variations
- Completing client change requests and preparing and submitting variation costs to clients
- Issuing subcontract instructions and updating cost value reconciliations on a regular basis
- Dealing with construction and client queries when they arise
- Making recommendations to senior management on suitable subcontractors
- Managing budgets and monitoring these using a cost value reconciliation process
- Making payments in accordance with the payment and payless process
Skills and experiences:
- Previous experience undertaking a similar role in a social housing or similar environment
- Relevant professional qualification in construction or surveying and a member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors is desirable
- Proven experience of delivering large scale reinvestment programmes and capital projects
- Good working knowledge of relevant regulations, legislation and current practice, including the practical application of Health and Safety legislation
- Experience of managing projects with strong project management skills
- Excellent communication and customer service skills
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office applications
- This role will involve driving on company business. In order to drive a company vehicle, drivers must hold a full valid UK driving licence
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 31 May 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Worcester
- Surveying Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Worcester
- Residential Development & Construction Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Worcester
- Construction Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Worcester
- Development / regeneration Officer £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Worcester