Group Health & Safety Manager
Calico Homes’ is a values lead company who through an integrated approach, using our specialist knowledge and expertise, will work collaboratively with our customers, providing outstanding and innovative services to enable us to find the best possible outcomes, ensuring the future success of the Calicio Group. Group Business Services, along with all other parts of the Group, have a shared purpose as part of the Calico Group, to make a real difference to people’s lives.
Each part of the Calico Group has its own specialism and expertise but the “One Calico” vision is to help people to build a better future, whatever their background and wherever they are in their life’s journey.
Because we know we can always do more for our customers, we are continually expanding the range of services which we offer and looking for new talent. This means we need more amazing people who share our values and have real passion for helping others.
What you’ll be doing
As a Group Health and Safety Manager within the Calico Group, you will work closely with the Group Leadership and Management teams in the provision of specialist advice, guidance, information, instruction, training and support. You will support on Health and Safety matters to all companies within the Calico Group, in order to ensure compliance with all relevant legislation, regulation and best practice.
Your role will require you to lead on the development and delivery of Health and Safety Strategy for the Calico Group; lead on Health and Safety arrangements across the range of Group Companies; and ensure the company complies with the statutory Health and Safety Framework, other safety, fire safety legislation and best practice.
The Group Health and Safety Manager you will need to be able to work with a diverse range of services, across all Group companies, to develop a positive Health and Safety culture. You will liaise with external enforcing authorities to develop appropriate policies, procedures and working arrangements with them, delivering the best possible outcomes for internal and external customers.
You will provide clear leadership, support and motivation to empower teams across the calico Group, to ensure that staff are managed, coached, supported and developed in order to maximise full potential and achieve high levels of performance.
You will be based at Calico Head Office, Centenary Court, Croft Street, Burnley, Lancashire, BB11 2ED although there will be a requirement to travel across all geographical areas covered by the Calico Group, as required, to fulfil the role.
Your hours of work would be 36.25 hours per week, Monday – Friday, however we require a willingness to work outside normal office hours should the situation arise.
The salary for this role is £45,000 per annum.
What you will get in return
- The opportunity to make a real difference to people’s lives
- Competitive salary
- Generous holidays and occupational pay schemes
- A fabulous wellbeing programme
- Be part of a values lead culture
- Quality learning and development opportunities
- Join a unique and diverse group of companies with growth ambitions
There are so many more benefits to working for Calico Homes and the Calico Group, too many to mention! And this shows – this year Calico Homes received an incredible staff engagement score in the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to work for survey. But in case you’re still not sure, why not take a look at our company website for more information https://calico.org.uk/
What you’ll need to be a success
- Demonstrate integrity and clarity.
- Demonstrate a commitment to delivering results, which will require a balance of internal and external focus; supporting the development of commercial awareness for self and teams; and an understanding of the context in which they operate.
- Demonstrate openness to making genuine connections with others and capacity for learning from mistakes
- Build teams that genuinely collaborate and trust
- Demonstrate care for those around you
- Know how to look after yourself and are committed to doing so
- National Examination Board of Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) and National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety
Ready to apply?
If you think you have everything we’re looking for in a Group Health and Safety Manager then we’d love to hear from you. To apply, please submit you CV together with a covering letter detailing how you meet the job requirements to email@example.com
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Burnley
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Burnley
- Health and safety Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Burnley
- Executive & Senior Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Burnley
- Senior management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Burnley