Senior Commercial Manager
A vacancy for a Senior Commercial Manager has arisen in the Developer team. Reporting to the Head of New Business, the main duties of the role are to:
- Drive forward the New Business programme supporting the Head of New Business through identification and securing of sites and opportunities.
- Support the output of the New Business team to identify land, from a range of sources, that support THT in meeting its targets within its business plan.
- Establishing an excellent relationship with L&Q to secure approval of new developments through the L&Q and THT processes, ensuring they meet the organisations key parameters.
- Lead on legal and planning matters relating to development opportunities, ensuring a smooth handover to the Delivery function.
- Lead and support the project team including consultants, internal customers and contractors, taking ownership and accountability for all elements of the project.
- Proactively engage with the delivery, sales, neighbourhoods and finance teams to ensure smooth, effective and compliant delivery.
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time, within budget and to specified quality standards.
- Review sites and opportunities for the new homes programme.
- Run and interpret financial appraisals and cashflows to understand the viability of projects in line with standard assumptions and requirements.
- Write high quality reports covering all aspects of projects to secure approval from Board to strict deadlines.
- Contribute to negotiation and agreement of legal and contractual arrangements, build plans and programmes and align with internal reporting procedures.
- Lead design teams to create projects that are high quality, mixed tenure and fit for purpose to secure planning consent.
- Undertake necessary due diligence into all aspects of projects, including but not limited to legal, design, financial, construction and procurement.
- Compliantly procure all products and services in line with internal and legal requirements.
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with networks of agents, consultants, contractors and other stakeholders in the development process.
- Undertake market research where appropriate and liaise with valuers and agents in relation to markets and specific projects.
- Establish and maintain fully compliant Homes England audit files from the start of each project. Ensure that all necessary systems and performance measures are updated for use by Senior Managers and other areas of the business.
- Actively identify, mitigate, manage, and report to all risks associated with projects.
- Other reasonable duties in line with the needs of the Trust, to ensure effective delivery of allocated projects.
The successful candidate will be degree educated with Project Manager or new business experience. Experience of residential development is essential, and the candidate will ideally a member of a development body e.g. RICS. Excellent financial and commercial acumen is required, while the candidate must have experience of financial appraisal and report writing.
Homes England grant funding understanding is important. A full driving licence is required for this role.
Trafford Housing Trust encourages a healthy work/life balance and we offer an attractive benefits package for employees, as well as a competitive and transparent system of pay and reward. These benefits include excellent training and development opportunities, a salary sacrifice child care voucher scheme, access to the Social Housing Defined Contribution pension scheme and annual leave allowance.
If you are interested in applying for the above role, please send a CV and covering letter, outlining why you are suitable for the role, to email@example.com or upload below.
Closing date: 24th May 2019 at 12pm
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Sale
- Project management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Sale
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Sale
- Development / regeneration Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Sale