Project Manager - New Business
A vacancy has arisen in our Development team for a Project Manager to manage the site identification, acquisition, design, planning, procurement and pre-contract stages of the ambitious new homes programme.
The main duties of the role include:
- Identifying sites and opportunities suitable for the new homes programme
- Negotiating and agreeing legal and contractual arrangements, build plans and programmes
- Leading and managing the project team including consultants, internal customers and contractors
- Proactively engaging with the delivery, sales, neighbourhoods and finance teams to ensure smooth, effective and compliant delivery
- Ensuring that all projects are delivered on time, within budget and to specified quality standards
- Run and interpret financial appraisals and cashflows to understand the viability of projects in line with standard assumptions and requirements
- Producing high quality reports to secure approval from Board
- Leading design teams to create projects that are high quality, mixed tenure and fit for purpose to secure planning consent
- Undertaking necessary due diligence into all aspects of projects, including but not limited to legal, design, financial, construction and procurement
- Compliantly procuring all products and services in line with internal and legal requirements
- Undertaking market research where appropriate and liaising with valuers and agents in relation to markets and specific projects
- Establishing and maintaining fully compliant Homes England audit files from the start of each project
The successful candidate will have a relevant degree and Project Management and/or construction experience. They will ideally have a formal Project Management qualification, although training can be provided. Development understanding (including design, legal, planning, financial, construction) is essential for this role as is a strong command of Microsoft Office, the ability to carry out financial appraisals, write reports and have an understanding of the Homes England grant funding.
A driving licence is essential for this role.
Trafford Housing Trust encourages a healthy work/life balance and we offer an attractive benefits package for employees, as well as a competitive and transparent system of pay and reward. These benefits include excellent training and development opportunities, a salary sacrifice child care voucher scheme, access to the Social Housing Defined Contribution pension scheme and annual leave allowance.
If you are interested in applying for the above role, please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 24th May 2019 at 12pm
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Sale
- Business development Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Sale
- Procurement Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Sale
- Residential Development & Construction Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Sale
- Design Officer £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Sale