Senior Investment Analyst
- Be a senior member of the FP&A team, ensuring high quality analysis, planning and reporting.
- Be responsible for ensuring the business financial model remains accurate and delivers the analytical capabilities a fast-moving business requires.
- Lead and inform the discussion on the optimum target growth strategy for the business based on the analysis of market trends and investing activities to ensure profitability is maximised whilst risk is appropriately managed.
- Lead the management and oversight of all business plan activities across the business.
- Lead the creation of timely business reforecasts and give an independent opinion before they are submitted to the relevant sign-off committee or other approving body.
- Review the out-turns of periodic forecasts and actuals against plan to identify variances and work with the business to ensure teams are aware of variances and plans are implemented to address any required remedial actions
- Support the Head of FP&A and Investment and the Finance Director in fundraising and funding activities to support the business .
- Monitor and manage covenant compliance in relation to all borrowing and investing activities.
- Undertake sensitivity and scenario planning on business reforecasts to understand, manage and monitor financial stability of the business
- Ensure the business plan is regularly updated and robust and assumptions are in accordance with those approved by the Executive Committees and the Board.
- Provide support to the development teams with their scheme & project appraisals.
- Day-to-day management of Investment Analysts and provide support in relation to project appraisal reviews and associated financial modelling work.
- Periodically input into the business risk and operational risk frameworks.
- Support the business in strategic decision making as required
- Manage the collation and presentation of data relating to business plan reporting, and undertaking portfolio analysis to develop investment strategies and making recommendations on the optimised target risk/strategy
- Carry out other duties consistent with the level of the post as may be required.
- Qualified accountant or similar
- Excellent academic background, with a deep numerical aptitude
- Deep technical financial and commercial knowledge and experience in the residential housing industry
- Specific rented housing experience in a similar role would be highly beneficial.
- Good business planning and business monitoring experience
- Delivery focussed and ability to plan and execute projects across multi-disciplinary teams
- Knowledge of tax structures and issues in real estate finance
- Management and training of stakeholders and colleagues from a financial and non-financial background
Knowledge & Skills:
- Expert-level knowledge of financial analysis and reporting
- Strong financial modelling skills with a proficiency in using excel to analyse and manage large complex datasets
- Detailed understanding of the drivers of profitability
- Energetic, highly motivated, with a deeply inquisitive mind and passion for excellence and innovation in pursuit of business growth and success.
- Transparency and resilience
- Outstanding problem solving and analytical skills
- Commercial focus and ability to translate ideas into competitive advantage
- A self-driven spirit that embraces change and is comfortable making decisions in ambiguous environment
- Decisive whilst working at a quick pace
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, 10% car allowance, life assurance, family private medical insurance, 25 days' holiday, performance related bonuses, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
For any queries please contact email@example.com. Please note applications can only be made online via the portal.