Independent Board Members
Leading the way in resident managed housing Watmos' unique approach has put it at the forefront of transforming communities and exceeding expectations. We are seeking an outstanding and dedicated individual who shares our passion for improving people's lives.
Watmos Walsall Area Board.
This is an unpaid role. All expenses paid.
We are seeking an Independent Member to join a dynamic, high performing housing organisation which is seeking to promote the success of resident-led housing. We are seeking candidates with specialist experience in any of the following – finance, leasehold management, strategic housing management, community enterprise and resident-managed organisations.
The function of the Walsall Area Board is to have specific responsibility for the following matters and to provide support, scrutiny and challenge on behalf of the Walsall TMOs in relation to these matters:
- Working closely with the TMOs in their area of operation to make sure tenant and leaseholder services are delivered to meet local need and local priorities.
- Monitoring compliance against the commitments made in the Consultation Document relevant to their area of operation.
- Establishing and monitoring policies and procedures for the allocation, letting, management and maintenance of Watmos Community Homes’ housing stock through the TMOs.
- Overseeing and keeping under review Watmos Community Homes’ tenancy and other agreements to occupy.
- Overseeing the implementation of the Watmos Community Homes Community Empowerment Strategy.
- Monitoring key performance indicators of housing management and maintenance including income collection, voids and maintenance response times.
- Actively seeking the views of TMOs and residents on ways of improving service delivery, keeping abreast of best practice and reviewing ways in which services can be further developed.
- Developing and supporting a range of resident scrutiny activities.
- Overseeing the implementation of value for money and continuous improvement reviews.
- Monitoring Watmos Community Homes’ Major Works programme, in particular its performance against the agreed targets (cost and time), ensuring that any necessary corrective action is being taken.
- Advising the Board on local policy and strategy issues.
- Providing assurances to the Board that robust systems of internal controls are in operation at a local level.
- Overseeing and monitoring risk management activities at a local level.
- Any other matter specifically delegated to the Area Boards (or any of them) by the Board of Watmos Community Homes from time to time.
For further information please visit our website or click the red 'apply' button below to be redirected.
Closing Date: Sunday 26th May 2019 (23:59)
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Board member Board Member - Expenses Fixed Term Contract jobs in Walsall
- Corporate Services Board member Board Member - Expenses Fixed Term Contract jobs in Walsall
- Homes and Asset Management Board member Board Member - Expenses Fixed Term Contract jobs in Walsall
- Residential Development & Construction Board member Board Member - Expenses Fixed Term Contract jobs in Walsall
- Executive & Senior Board member Board Member - Expenses Fixed Term Contract jobs in Walsall