At Darwin Court, we are looking for an energetic and self-motivated lifeguard who can help us with our busy swimming pool. The main tasks would be supervising poolside, being alert at all times, helping with our swimming lessons, keeping facilities clean and tidy and some admin work. Having a lifeguard qualification is desirable but not essential, as Peabody will provide training for the right candidate. You will need to ensure people in and around the pool are complying with safety guidelines to ensure a safe and enjoyable visit for all customers.
You will have excellent customer care and enjoy working with children and their parents which is essential for this role.
Full training and support will be provided and there will also be an opportunity for career progression for the right candidate.
Carrying out first aid and rescues when needed.
As a lifeguard you will need to be reliable, confident and have a good work ethic.
Experience working in a leisure environment is desirable but not essential.
The successful applicant will need to be subject to a background enhanced disclosure check by the Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) before any appointment can be confirmed.
In return, we will offer you a range of benefits which include:
- Defined contribution scheme
- Gym discounts on fitness, leisure and retail experiences
- Discount on Experience days out, such as Virgin Experience Days, high adrenaline white water rafting to zombie experiences. If that’s not your thing try a cookery course or photography.
- You can also book short breaks in the UK and Europe, and Superbreak offer 10% off their mini-holidays and theatre breaks. There are even offers on airport parking and hotels.
- You can get discounts with Merlin Entertainments (up to 50% off at Sea Life, London Dungeon, Legoland, Chessington World of Adventures, the London Eye and more), Go Ape (10% off), Cycle Solutions (up to 15% off bicycles and cycling gear) and Spafinder (12% off massage, facial, yoga and more)