Quality Assurance Officer
This is an opportunity to work as part of the newly formed Asset & Investment Team to deliver outstanding performance and contribute to the delivery of the Council’s strategic objectives for its Housing portfolio. You will be working as part of the wider Housing & Regeneration Service as we introduce a new structure for our service delivery, responding to the current and future challenges faced by the housing sector.
You will play a pivotal role and as we embark on our ambition to improve the condition of our residents’ homes through an annual works programme of over £31 million to invest in our homes and estates.
To ensure the quality of works meet the standards we want to deliver to our residents, you will:
- Undertake pre, in progress and post inspections of maintenance works, in line with contract agreements, driving value for money and quality of works.
- Provide expert and high quality information and advice to senior managers and across the Service relating to the quality of repairs and maintenance works delivered through contractors.
- Ensure that quality issues are managed and resolved as appropriate, whilst managing risk.
- Encourage effective working relationships to promote understanding of standards set and quality expected. Providing clear direction as required, ensuring a ‘right first time’ approach.
- Support the Asset Manager to develop the Council’s strategy, policies and procedures in relation to quality assurance and innovation to improve standards in a cost effective way.
To be successful you will need experience, qualifications and skills including:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience with quality assurance in a building/ repairs and maintenance environment.
- Experience of working within the social housing sector would be advantageous.
- Knowledge and understanding of housing and building legislation and regulations in a repairs and maintenance context.
- Experience of working with Price per Property, schedule of rates contracts in a social housing repairs and maintenance environment.
- Able to influence, persuade, negotiate and motivate staff, stakeholders and contractors in issues relating to standard to be set and quality of works delivered
- Attention to detail, both at specification stage and whilst projects are on site, to mitigate against unnecessary risk, expenditure and delays to works.
- Ability to troubleshoot and provide innovative, cost effective solutions in a timely manner,
- Capable of planning and prioritising works.
- Able to analyse complex data and provide concise and comprehensives reports for a range of audiences
Milton Keynes Council Benefits
Use your skills to benefit the local community and experience a rewarding, interesting environment and attractive employment package such as:
• Local Government Pension Scheme, considered to be one of the best employer contribution rates
• A generous minimum holiday entitlement of 27 days per year in addition to statutory and public holidays, rising to 31 days after 5 years
• Option to buy more annual leave
• A full range of family friendly policies including enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity entitlements
• Excellent in-house management development programmes endorsed by the Institute of Leadership and Management
• Flexibility – with full time, part time and term time working options
• Fair pay and a commitment to a minimum Living Wage
• MK Advantage benefits package – a range of savings including retail, travel and leisure discounts as well as a suite of salary sacrifice benefits.
Closing Date 27 May
Interview Date w/c 3 June
At Milton Keynes Council we take great pride in our Community and we hope that you can help us grow and share our vision.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Asset management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Maintenance / Repair Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Project management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Surveying Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes