Riverside has an opportunity for an experienced Housing Officer to join our Central Social Housing team. This position is a full time permanent role covering Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire and based out of our regional hub in central Leicester. Whilst this role is based from our Leicester hub, the successful candidate will predominately be expected to work remotely and independently on patch.
You will be contracted to work 35 hours per week split flexibly between the hours of 8am-8pm Monday to Friday and 10am-4pm on Saturdays. We will be undertaking first interviews on 5th June and second interviews on 10th June.
What will you do?
You will maximise the economic viability, social sustainability and self-sufficiency of the tenancies in their patch through targeted support, services and action, establishing and maintaining strong relationships with customers, acting as an ‘Account Manager’, advocating for the customer to ensure that other teams are providing services to the expected level.
Day to day
Your key responsibilities as Riverside’s Housing Officer will include:
• Pro-actively manage, maintain and improve designated social housing neighbourhoods; dealing with all aspects of tenancy conditions.
• Accountable for maximising and increasing income collection, working in partnership with Shared Service colleagues.
• Represent the Group in Court for all cases brought against customers in your designated area
• As an “Account Manager” for the customer and property, be responsible for identifying issues which can be resolved with early intervention, be responsible for liaising with internal & external stakeholders to ensure services and actions are effective and efficient to build lasting, satisfactory and sustainable tenancies.
• Manage a delegated discretionary budget, making decisions regarding the allocation of your budget, ensuring Group financial controls are adhered to robustly and effectively.
Does this describe you?
You will have excellent communication skills and be able to be focussed on customers who have varying levels of need. You are results focused and have the ability to show initiative as well as being calm in pressurised environments. Although not essential, it would be advantageous if you have worked in a housing environment previously and/or have housing related professional qualifications such as Chartered Institute of Housing Level 3.
What’s in it for you?
In return for your hard work and dedication, we offer you:
• Riverside Rewards scheme and app, providing valuable access to voluntary discounted benefits including high street and online savings
• Flexible working
• 25 days holiday per year (plus bank holidays)
• Opt-in to Medicash employee-funded benefit
• Access to ongoing personal career development opportunities through Learning Zone
Who are Riverside?
We are one of the UK’s leading social housing and regeneration organisations. We are a group of not-for-profit and commercial companies with a charitable housing association at our core. Operating across 160 local authorities in England and Scotland and housing 100,000+ people, we are fully committed to improving the lives of thousands of individuals and families. We seek to transform lives and revitalise neighbourhoods.
Is Riverside for you?
We want you to feel empowered by leaders and fairly treated, knowing that your voice is truly heard. Being people-focused, we treat our customers with this same respect.
We trust you to protect our customers, our people and our business and we see outstanding worth in those with the courage to take responsibility, innovate and find solutions.
Your focus on performance and ambition is rewarded with development opportunities. With Riverside, you can achieve.
If you’re thinking of joining us as a Housing Officer we’d love to hear from you. We encourage applicants from all sections of the community so that we can truly reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work.
Applying for this role
In addition to an up to date CV, applicants should provide a written statement of no more than 750 words outlining why they are applying for this position and how their personal and professional experience relates to the job description and person specification.