Employment Support Officer
Contract type - Fixed Term Contract to 31st December 2020
Are you passionate about providing people with support, advice and guidance to assist them into employment?
We are looking for an exceptional Employment Support Officer to join our Clarion Futures team. As a key member of our team you will deliver high quality advice and guidance to ensure our customers have the right skills to enter employment, as well as helping them to identify the issues facing them so they can make sound decisions concerning their future. You'll be asked to provide financial guidance including Better off Calculations to ensure that customers are fully informed about the financial benefits of returning to work.
You'll enjoy understanding your customers' needs and developing individual action plans with them, setting unambiguous and achievable goals in order to support them into training.
We'll look to you to support your customers by providing a range of interventions including employability, confidence and motivation workshops, and job clubs. You will also be required to provide job search advice and access to further employment support.
You'll have a natural ability to build and maintain trust and be able to demonstrate an organised and methodical approach in recording and monitoring outputs against agreed targets. You'll be expected to have, or be working towards, a relevant Advice and Guidance qualification.
Your duties will include:
- Support customers into further training and further job search and access to further employment support.
- Provide ongoing support to residents who secure work through regular in work support interventions.
- Provide in-work support to all customers who have gained employment, for six months and to research the barriers customers have in returning to work or learning.
- Develop outreach opportunities to enable community engagement and project development ensuring that links are developed with relevant internal teams and local agencies.
- Develop a network of support agencies & providers who will contribute to and support the positive progression of our customers.
This is a fantastic opportunity to utilise your extensive skills and experience to really make a difference for peoples' lives.
Closing Date: Wednesday 29th May 2019 at midday
For further details on this vacancy, and to apply, please visit our website http://careers.clarionhg.com/vacancies/
Applicants must be able to regularly travel within the area.
This post is subject to an Enhanced Criminal Records Check.
A charitable foundation, Clarion Futures, will invest £150 million over 10 years to deliver one of the largest social investment programmes in the country. Clarion Futures will:
- Support 4,000 people into work and training
- Provide 250 high quality apprenticeships
- Give 3,000 residents free debt advice and provide over 2,000 affordable loans to residents
- Assist 15,000 young people to make a better start in life.
Clarion Futures is part of Clarion Housing Group, which also comprises the country's largest housing association, a property development company and a repairs and maintenance service.
Transforming lives and communities.
Clarion Housing Group is committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce.