Leasehold Income Team Manager
As part of the plan to make our Council the best local authority in London, the Housing Income Team very much wants to hear from people with the skills to provide operational leadership of the Council’s service charge recovery function for our Leaseholders. You will be leading a team going through a significant period of change which will provide the successful applicant with an opportunity to deliver brilliant outcomes for Leaseholders that in turn will maximise income.
This important role currently leads a team of 3 staff, the postholder will be responsible for leading the team to maximise collection and recovery of freehold and leasehold service charges and major works invoices owed. The role requires excellent team work, both within the Housing Income and leasehold related teams, and with colleagues from elsewhere in the Council. You will be results driven, have very good communication and leadership skills, good attention to detail and be able to deliver great customer service in a sympathetic and sensitive way.
You will need:
- A successful record of managing a team to drive and improve performance and service delivery;
- A track record of achievements in leasehold recovery, leading change and continuous improvement;
- A good understanding and knowledge of leasehold management and service charge recovery;
- Experience of implementing ICT debt recovery leasehold management systems would be advantageous.
- To lead the team to ensure that all service charge debt including that for major works invoices are collected in a timely manner ensuring that service charge bills in arrears are escalated for the appropriate action, including referrals to Legal Services.
- Set and monitor team performance to ensure that key performance indicators are achieved.
- Ensuring excellent customer service is maintained, always finding the best repayment option within the agreed policy to suit the customers individual circumstances.
- Overseeing negotiations leading to agreements to pay and ensuring that those are regularly monitored and appropriate action taken. To meet with leaseholders and relevant freeholders where necessary to resolve complex cases.
- To authorise applications for court proceedings.
- To represent the council at tribunals and in court, as and when required and at external and internal forums.
- Provide direction, guidance and support for team members on all issues regarding leasehold and freehold service charge accounts.
- To develop and maintain accurate debt profiling to enable income forecasts.
- To maintain systems to ensure appropriate and accurate accounting records are held for individual accounts and control accounts.
- To ensure interest charges are raised correctly.
- Advise, prepare reports and make recommendations to the Head of Housing Income, Directors and other relevant Officers on matters concerning Leasehold and freehold service charge collection.
- Work in partnership with other teams to provide the best possible service regarding financial inclusion and social inclusion.
- Work in partnership with a number of internal teams to ensure effective cross team working.
- Ensure the team delivers excellent standards of customer service at all times.
- Work in partnership with the Finance Team to maximise take-up of direct debits.
For an informal discussion, please contact: Paul Hayward, Head of Housing Income at email@example.com
To discover more and apply, please go to: https://bit.ly/2WGJuHv
Closing date: Sunday 2 June 2019