Rental Income Team Manager (Welfare Benefit)
As part of the plan to make our Council the best local authority in London, the Housing Income Team very much wants to hear from people with the skills to provide operational leadership of the Council’s rent recovery and welfare benefit function for circa 11,000 active tenancies. You will be leading a high performing team which will provide the successful applicant with an opportunity to deliver brilliant outcomes for residents that in turn will maximise income for our residents and the Council.
A vacancy for a Rental Income Team Manager (Welfare Benefit) is currently available within the Housing Income Team. This important role currently leads a team of 6 staff, the postholder will be responsible for leading the team to maximise residents income and support residents to sustain their tenancies. The role will require excellent team work, both within the Rental Income Team and with colleagues from elsewhere in the Council (for example, Housing Benefits and Housing Management) and with various external debt advice agencies and partners. You will be results driven, have very good communication, leadership, good attention to detail and be able to deliver great customer service in a sympathetic and sensitive way.
You will need:
- A successful record of leading a team to drive effective performance and service delivery.
- A track record of achievement in financial inclusion / welfare benefit services within social housing.
- A good understanding and knowledge of housing, including Welfare Reform and Universal Credit.
- Experience of managing a welfare benefit service would be advantageous.
If you feel that you have what we are looking for, we are looking forward to receiving your application form.
- To provide operational leadership of the team including maximising income for our residents and the council.
- managing the recruitment, performance and development of the team you manage, recommending and managing strategic improvements and mitigating risk.
- Contribute to and implement the Housing Income and Financial Inclusion strategies, policies and procedures that aim to maximise income and promote tenancy sustainment.
- Overseeing all functions regarding possession claims and evictions including liaising with managers of the County Courts
- developing and maintaining partnerships with external agencies such as the Credit Union and Debt Advice Agencies (including Client Service Level Agreements)
- Set and monitor team performance to ensure that key performance indicators are achieved.
- To maximise the sustainment of tenancies and develop effective partnerships with external agencies.
- Ensure that all Council policies, procedures and processes are followed.
- To represent the council at tribunals and in court, as and when required and at external and internal forums.
- Analyse and report on key performance indicators within the team. Identify trends from the data to improve collection rates and deliver campaigns.
- Provide direction, guidance and support for team members on all issues regarding welfare benefit and arrears recovery.
- Manage the resolution of complaints, members and MP enquiries and use these to drive continuous improvement.
- Work in partnership with other teams to provide the best possible service regarding financial inclusion, social inclusion and digital inclusion.
- Work in partnership with a number of internal teams to ensure effective cross team working.
- Ensure the team promotes and delivers excellent standards of customer service at all times.
- Carry out regular compliance audits and service reviews to ensure officers are carry out correct policies and procedures decisions.
- Advise, prepare reports and make recommendations to the Head of Housing Income, Directors and other relevant Officers on matters concerning welfare benefits.
For an informal discussion, please contact: Paul Hayward, Head of Housing Income at email@example.com
To discover more and apply, please go to: https://bit.ly/2EbU562
Closing date: Sunday 2 June 2019