Rental Income Team Manager
An opportunity to be outstanding ...
At the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham we're determined to be the best local authority in the country. Hammersmith and Fulham is perfectly situated in West London and has possibly the best opportunities in the country for economic growth. These include amazing transport links, world class businesses and growth sectors. It is a fantastic place to be based for your career right now and it's never been a better time to join us.
A vacancy for a Rental Income Team Manager is currently available within the Housing Income Team. We very much want to hear from people with the skills to provide operational leadership of the Council’s rent recovery function for circa 11,000 active tenancies. You will be leading a high performing team which will provide the successful applicant with an opportunity to deliver brilliant outcomes for residents that in turn will maximise rental income.
This important role currently leads a team of 7 staff, the postholder will be responsible for motivating the team to maximise income collection. The role requires excellent team work, both within the Housing Income team, and with colleagues from elsewhere in the Council. You will be results driven, have very good communication and leadership skills, good attention to detail and be able to deliver great customer service in a sympathetic and sensitive way.
You will need:
- a successful record of leading a team to drive effective performance and service delivery
- a track record of achievement in rent recovery within social housing
- a good understanding and knowledge of housing, including Welfare Reform and Universal Credit.
If you feel that you have what we are looking for, we are looking forward to receiving your application form.
Key aspects to the Rental Income Team Manager role include sustaining tenancies and developing partnerships with external agencies. In addition, promoting excellent customer care, responding to complaints and Councillor enquiries managing and developing staff, developing and implementing the team service plan and recommending ongoing service improvements.
- To provide operational leadership of the Rental Income Team including maximising income from current tenant arrears.
- Managing the recruitment, performance and development of the team you manage, recommending and managing strategic improvements and mitigating risk.
- Contribute to and implement the Housing Income strategies, policies and procedures that aim to maximise income by improving rent collection, reducing rent arrears and promoting tenancy sustainment.
- Set and monitor team performance to ensure that key performance indicators are achieved.
- To maximise the sustainment of tenancies and develop effective partnerships with external agencies.
- To authorise applications for court proceedings and recommend applications for bailiff warrants.
- Ensure that all Council policies, procedures and processes in relation to current tenant arrears and the pre-court protocol are followed.
- To represent the council at tribunals and in court, as and when required and at external and internal forums.
- Analyse and report on key performance indicators within the team. Identify trends from the data to improve collection rates.
- Provide direction, guidance and support for team members on all issues regarding rent arrears recovery.
- Work in partnership with other teams to provide the best possible service regarding financial inclusion, social inclusion and digital inclusion.
- Work in partnership with a number of internal teams to ensure effective cross team working.
- Manage the resolution of complaints, members and MP enquiries and use these to drive continuous improvement.
- Ensure the team promotes and delivers excellent standards of customer service at all times.
- Carry out regular compliance audits to ensure officers are carry out correct policies and procedures decisions.
- Work in partnership with the Finance Team to maximise take-up of direct debits.
For an informal discussion, please contact: Paul Hayward, Head of Housing Income at firstname.lastname@example.org
To discover more and apply, please go to: https://bit.ly/2WIAi5n
Closing date: Sunday 2 June 2019