Leasehold Income Support Officer
An opportunity to be outstanding...
At the London Borough of Hammersmith & Fulham we're determined to be the best local authority in the country. Hammersmith and Fulham is perfectly situated in West London and has possibly the best opportunities in the country for economic growth. These include amazing transport links, world class businesses and growth sectors. It is a fantastic place to be based for your career right now and it's never been a better time to join us.
The London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham currently has approximately 4,800 leaseholders. The purpose of this role is to:
- Manage a patch of properties with responsibility for maximising income from leasehold and freehold service charges, including major works bills.
- Operate in a commercial environment to ensure that alongside maximising income, brilliant customer care is provided with the outcomes including contributing to increasing leaseholder satisfaction. Work closely with the Major Works, Housing Services, Property Services, Finance and other relevant areas of the Council to ensure leaseholders and relevant freeholders questions about invoices are responded to in a timely manner.
- Work to carry out all relevant operational and legal processes to ensure leasehold and freehold service charge income is maximised in line with statutory regulations, council policy, operational procedures and key performance indicators.
- Create and maintain strong partnership links and work with multiple external agencies including debt advice agencies to support leaseholders.
- Deliver a high quality payment collection and income advice service to residents; finding the balance between offering payment plans to support residents whilst addressing shortfalls in income.
- Develop innovative and creative approaches to the continuous improvement of customer service and the collection of service charges
- Ensuring excellent customer service is maintained, always finding the best repayment option within the agreed policy to suit the customers individual circumstances
If you feel that you have what we are looking for, we are looking forward to receiving your application form.
- Manage a patch of leasehold and freehold service charge and major works accounts and be the first point of contact for leaseholders for all types of queries regarding the collection of income, ranging from accounts in credit where the resident is requesting a refund through to attending court and if required First Tier Land Tribunal.
- Monitor receipt of income and ensure that appropriate action is taken to pursue outstanding debts. Undertake recovery action in accordance with defined policy and ensure all accounts are regularly monitored and appropriate actions taken.
- Maximise income through early intervention as soon as service charge and major works accounts are in arrears of their payment plans with the key emphasis being on personal contact through phone calls. Carry out occasional home visits where needed because of leaseholders’ personal circumstances.
- Ensure that all cases follow the council's approved escalation process within procedures and policies for service charge and major works accounts. Any cases where a recommended course of action is rejected must be properly justified and documented.
- Negotiate, make and monitor agreements with leaseholders and freeholders to repay arrears.
- Deal with correspondence, telephone and counter enquiries relating to the collection of income, including writing bespoke letters to residents as required that demonstrate arrears need repaying alongside demonstrating brilliant customer care that will provide leaseholders with the confidence to make contact to make an arrangement to repay arrears.
- Maintain systems to ensure appropriate accounting records for individual accounts and control accounts
- Meet key personal and team targets and objectives that will be reflective of a dynamic commercially driven team with a skill set to maximise collection including delivering fantastic service and teamwork across the Council.
- Visit residents in their homes if required and complete follow up actions where issues are identified and make referrals to other teams to maximise resident satisfaction.
- Refer cases to legal services for recovery action and monitor progress and performance.
- Provide cover for other Leasehold Income Support Officers that demonstrates the highest standards of teamwork and commitment to maximising leaseholder satisfaction.
For an informal discussion, please contact: Paul Hayward, Head of Housing Income at email@example.com
To discover more and apply, please go to: https://bit.ly/2JjM4Qu
Closing date: Sunday 2 June 2019