We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK, our 44,000 homes give 90,000 people in London, the South East and the Midlands, somewhere affordable to call their own.
We currently have a great opportunity for a qualified solicitor with experience of undertaking housing management litigation casework, a strong understanding of legal processes and landlord and tenant law to join our professional, award winning and welcoming team.
As a Solicitor (Litigation) you will be an essential part of the wider Legal Services team and ensure a high quality, professional service is consistently delivered. Key areas of focus will be to provide high quality legal advice on litigation related matters in particular housing management and landlord and tenant contentious matters to Optivo and its Group partners. To draft legal proceedings, witness statements and pleadings as instructed and carry out advocacy (excluding trials) as required across all Optivo regions. You will also be required to prepare and provide effective training as required on a variety of housing law issues to colleagues.
Although you will progress the majority of your cases independently, you will also work with external solicitors where needed and assist in the development and continuous improvement of the in-house legal provision to meet our evolving business needs.
You should be able to demonstrate some if not all of the following;
- Previous experience working with Local Authorities or Housing Associations or other public sector bodies is preferred.
- The ability to manage a busy and varied caseload to include disrepair, EPA, ASB, possession and other tenancy management and landlord and tenant litigation matters
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Having a good eye for detail
- Strong analytical, communication and advocacy skills.
- Drafting pleadings, bundles, witness statements, statement of costs and other documents
- Undertaking Legal Research
- Exceptional customer service and a proven focus on high quality delivery.
This role will offer great exposure to Optivo as a business and will provide development within your career. We are happy to invite candidates with either entry-mid level experience and fit the experience required in either of the attached job descriptions.
This role is based in our Grosvenor House Office and the appointed candidate will be required to occasionally travel to all Optivo offices.
As well as this extremely rewarding job, you will also have 27 days annual leave, an extra day leave to celebrate your birthday, company pension, access to private medical and continued development and career opportunities throughout your employment with Optivo.
At Optivo our aim is to have a diverse and inclusive workforce where people are respected for who they are. We embrace and celebrate cultural diversity in the workplace and value the strengths it brings us as an organisation. We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with respect irrespective of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We treat everyone we house, serve, employ and work with fairly and expect and encourage others to do the same.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Partner £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Croydon
- Government and compliance Partner £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Croydon
- Legal Partner £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Croydon
- Other Housing jobs Partner £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent in Croydon
- Academic Partner £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Croydon