Scheme Manager - (Mobile)
We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK, our 44,000 homes give 90,000 people in London, the South East and the Midlands, somewhere affordable to call their own.
As part of Optivo’s continued growth we are actively seeking a Scheme Manager responsible for delivering an effective customer focused housing management and support service.
As a Mobile Scheme Manager you will be responsible for providing a seamless service to our residents. Working across our twenty one schemes in the West Midlands. You’ll be working with multi-agency partners to provide an effective housing management and support service to older residents within defined policies and procedures and in accordance with agreed standards.
You’ll need to demonstrate:
- Experience of working in a supported housing environment
- Knowledge of care & support services, including relevant legislation and good practice.
- Ability to communicate effectively and concisely, displaying good interpersonal skills in multiple modes (phone, face-to-face, emails and in writing) using customer friendly language
- Able to develop partnership working with other agencies to generate effective solutions to problems
- Ability to manage time & tasks effectively, work well under pressure both individually and in a team to deadlines, delegating appropriately
- A Full UK driving licence is essential
Due to the nature of this role a DBS check will need to be completed
If you this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application!
As well as this extremely rewarding job, you will also have 27 days annual leave, an extra day leave to celebrate your birthday, company pension, access to private medical and continued development and career opportunities throughout your employment with Optivo.
At Optivo our aim is to have a diverse and inclusive workforce where people are respected for who they are. We embrace and celebrate cultural diversity in the workplace and value the strengths it brings us as an organisation. We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with respect irrespective of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We treat everyone we house, serve, employ and work with fairly and expect and encourage others to do the same.