Development Compliance Manager
The role holder’s primary responsibility is to be the lead role in affordable housing development schemes are properly recorded and delivered in accordance with any public funding agreements and in accordance with regulatory requirements. The role holder will use the GLA’s OPS system and IMS system that is operated by Homes England.
The role holder will report to a Regional Director of Development but will have a national role working within all regions. The role holder will work alongside the Investment Analysts and the Area Development Managers to ensure the role adds value to the business whilst it ensures that we are 100% compliant with affordable housing regulations. Responsibilities will include:
- Reporting to the Regional Director of Development but liaising with all Area Development Managers to ensure the recording of all s106 and grant funded schemes is correct and up to date in the IMS and OPS systems.
- Working with Homes England and the GLA on any grant funded schemes, being the lead individual.
- Pro-actively working with all ADM’s and Project and Quality Managers to ensure that IMS and OPS is up to date, accurate and free from errors.
- Ensuring the milestone reporting of schemes to any funding or regulatory body
- Being responsible for ensuring that monthly project updates are undertaken and incorporated into the system
- Being the subject matter expert in relation to Homes England and GLA design and quality standards and investment management requirements and compliance with the Capital Funding Guide.
- Administering the contracting and payments process in relation grant and affordable housing funding into any schemes.
- Liaising with the relevant project manager on each site, to ensure that the other aspects of the development are being implemented in accordance with the plans and programmes in IMS/OPS.
- Lead and conduct negotiations on with grant providing bodies in a transparent, trustworthy and honest manner and to ensure the reputation of the company is always safeguarded and ensure that projects are contracted in accordance with the approvals and in accordance with the adopted policies and procedures.
- Ensure funding is monitored and disbursed all in accordable with agreed contracts.
- Maintain professional and trustworthy relationships Homes England and the GLA, and with 3rd parties, to ensure we are a valued and trusted partner.
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Strong academic background, with a numerical aptitude
- Preferable to have a project management qualification
- Experience of operating Investment Management systems
- Maintaining trustworthy relationships with Homes England and the GLA or similar
- Effective project management and risk management
- Good experience in contract management
- Knowledge of both social housing and possibly the wider residential sectors,
- An expert understanding of social housing development, housing management and regulatory requirements
- An understanding and experience in operating the IMS and OPS systems
- Acting efficiently and productively within defined decision-making processes
- Financial management of housing schemes generally
- A self-driven entrepreneurial spirit that embraces change and opportunity
- A commercially astute professional that works collaterally with colleagues within the business and with the professional team and the client
- Decisive whilst working at a quick pace.
- A good attention to detail
- Significant problem solving and “soft skills”
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, 10% car allowance, life assurance, employee private medical insurance, 25 days' holiday, performance related bonuses, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Please contact Stacie Burnett, Resourcing Lead - Stacie.Burnett@landg.com for further information.
Please note that applications should be made via the ‘Apply now’ button below and not by email.