Senior Project and Quality Manager (Northern home counties)
The role holder’s primary responsibility is to manage the delivery of s106, package and Joint venture affordable schemes, from final negotiation and exchange of contracts to practical completion and snagging.
The role holder will report to the Area Development Manager within a region and will work alongside the customer care team, the technical advisor, operations teams, external lawyers, sales team, EA and finance teams to ensure the successful and timely delivery of the projects that they manage.
The role holder will also take a leadership function in training and supporting the assistant project managers to grow their skills and experience on the job. The role holder will also have a continual improvement responsibility, disseminating best practice to ensure schemes are managed through the development process efficiently and effectively by all Project and Quality Managers. Responsibilities include:
- Report to the Area Development Manager, and work with the Finance and Operations teams to support the full and successful delivery of s106, package and joint venture affordable housing schemes from exchange of contracts through to practical completion.
- Work alongside Development Managers to ensure contractual arrangements are in place for each project and that the contract arrangements are in accordance with the approvals prior to exchange of contracts.
- Instruct and manage the Employers’ Agent for each project and ensure that they are effectively managing the scheme and payments.
- Regularly reviewing EA performance by all suppliers and supporting continual improvement and best practice in relation to EA services, performance and ways of working
- Attend monthly progress meetings with the Employer’s Agent and ensure any actions arising are dealt with in a timely manner.
- Maintain the project risk register throughout the project lifecycle.
- Be responsible for monthly reforecasting of programmes, payments and variations in relation to each scheme.
- Be responsible for monthly project updates to finance, operations, sales and customer care, so the other teams can plan their resources in relation to the projects.
- Administer the contract and payments process in relation to each project.
- Liaise with the relevant developer of each site to ensure that all aspects of the development are being implemented in accordance with the agreed budget, plans and programmes.
- Conduct any negotiations in a transparent, trustworthy and honest manner and ensure the reputation of the company is always safeguarded, as well as ensuring that projects are contracted in accordance with the approvals and with the adopted policies and procedures.
- Be the business subject matter expert in relation to project and quality mangement
- Mentor, train and develop develop Assistant PQMs to ensure they fulfil their role effectively and efficiently with the aim of skills development and learning to become a PQM.
- Be responsible for collecting, considering and disseminating best practice in quality management to ensure we deliver high quality homes that attract high levels of customer satisfaction.
- Effectively plan, monitor and disburse all items of expenditure in accordance with agreed contracts.
- Project Manage schemes to ensure they are delivered in accordance with the programmes, to a high quality of finish and a high level of customer satisfaction ensuring that these standards are met by all counterparties and only accepting handover of schemes that meet these standards.
- Work with the customer service team to monitor performance and to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction is achieved at all times.
- Work with the Operations teams, coordinating handovers to ensure that void periods are minimised, and customer expectations are met.
- Be responsible for ensuring that at the handover of homes stage, all the required property information in relation to that home is validated and confirmed as correct and loaded onto the relevant landlord data systems.
- Maintain relationships with developers, contractors and advisors to ensure we are a valued and trusted partner and are presented with opportunities as they arise.
- Ideally degree educated or equivalent
- Strong academic background, with a numerical aptitude
- Preferable to have a project management qualification
- Solid record of successful project management of housing and development schemes
- Maintaining trustworthy relationships with developers and house builders that are current and potential future partners and clients
- Effective project management and risk management
- Track record in continual improvement
- Experience in mentoring and training junior staff.
- Strong experience in contract management
- Knowledge of both social housing and possibly the wider residential sectors, in particular an expert understanding of social housing development, housing management and regulatory requirements
- Acting efficiently and productively within defined decision-making processes
- At least 5 years’ experience of project management affordable housing schemes generally delivered through s106 and direct delivery programmes
- Financial management of affordable housing schemes generally delivered through s106 and direct delivery programmes
- A self-driven entrepreneurial spirit that embraces change and opportunity
- Commercial project manager that works collaterally with colleagues within the business and with the professional team and the client
- An ability to support, mentor and teach more junior members of the team
- Decisive whilst working at a quick pace
- Significant problem solving and “soft skills”
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, 10% car allowance, life assurance, family private medical insurance, 25 days' holiday, performance related bonuses, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Our view is that this role is suitable for agile working. This means we would consider a more flexible working arrangement, where your hours and work location are managed according to business, customer and personal needs. For this role, you would be expected to work from our London office at least one day per week but you could work in other Legal & General offices or at home, as necessary, provided this meets business needs. Details of agile working will be discussed during the interview process.
Please contact Stacie Burnett, Resourcing Lead - Stacie.Burnett@landg.com for further information.
Please note that applications should be made via the ‘Apply now’ button below and not by email.