Clerk of Works
Clerk of Works
£30,639 per annum (rising to £32,252 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance) – Company car included
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
The Clerk of Works will monitor the delivery of a range of construction projects both new build and refurbishments including residential homes, care homes and flats. The Clerk of Works will be monitoring standards and controlling contractors to ensure quality is maintained and that all work is carried out within specification as well as in line with legislative and regulatory standards.
The role of Clerk of Works will include:
- Ensuring all new build and refurbishment projects are in line with technical design and quality standards
- Visiting all projects on a regular basis and building excellent relationships with the relevant contractors and internal colleagues
- Ensuring properties are fit for purpose, completed to a high standard and that they meet the needs of the intended end user
- Making recommendations for changes throughout the project as and when required
- Monitoring any budgetary issues and ensuring these are escalated to the Construction Manager
- Producing detailed hand over reports on completion of construction work and communicating this information to the relevant teams
- Reviewing and recommending improvements to current processes and procedures to ensure maximum efficiency
Skills and experiences:
- Previous experience within a similar role in the construction industry is essential
- HNC in Building and Construction or equivalent is desirable
- An up to date working knowledge of building compliance and regulations
- Proven experience in analysing and diagnosing problems and implementing effective solutions
- A tenacious attitude and the ability to effectively manage your own time
- Excellent rapport building and customer service skills
- Proficient user of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Travel is a requirement of the role, therefore a full valid driving licence is essential
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching employer contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 31 May 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Glasgow
- Asset management Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Glasgow
- Residential Development & Construction Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Glasgow
- Construction Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Glasgow
- Development / regeneration Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Glasgow