Repairs Service Manager
Wandle proudly supports people across south London who need a home – it is why we were formed in 1967, and why we exist today.
Originally founded as the Merton Family Housing Trust, Wandle was formed by a group of local people who were concerned about homelessness and wanted to do something practical about it.
50 years on, we have grown into an organisation with over 7,000 homes across nine south London boroughs and almost 200 staff.
About the role
As the Repairs Service Manager you will be responsible for the day to day management of a team of operatives to deliver a high performing in-house service and all resources that contribute in ensuring that the business unit is compliant, meeting targets and objectives with a fully engaged workforce. You will also support the DLO Manager to deliver a first class repairs and maintenance service experience for our customers in south London and ensure delivery of good quality services that are value for money and that services are improved upon using business intelligence to drive quality, meeting both customers’ reasonable expectations and statutory and regulatory requirements.
In addition you will:-
- Support the Operations Manager to deliver a first class repairs and maintenance service experience for our customers
- Provide good quality services that meet our customers’ reasonable expectations and statutory and regulatory requirements
- Carry out pre- and post-inspections, looking at both quality and efficiency, as well as compliance with relevant policies, procedures and regulations
- Carry out on-site inspections of repairs ensuring high standards of quality work and customer satisfaction and investigate and manage any complaints through to satisfactory resolution
For more information, please see the recruitment pack.
The ideal candidates will have:
- Proven track record of management and leadership of an engaged and high performing team within the building / construction field
- Proven track record of delivering a first class repairs and maintenance service in the building/construction industry
- A sound knowledge of Housing Maintenance and Property Management
- Project management skills with emphasis on delivery
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
The role may also require paid out of hours working on a rota with other colleagues to provide support to the Wandle out of hours service.
You must have a clean driving licence.
What we can offer you
In return for your dedication and commitment, we offer a competitive salary and reward package with a wide range of benefits, including 29 days annual leave, pension, healthcare, season ticket loans, retail discounts and weekly fruit deliveries. Our offices are also in an excellent accessible location close to London Bridge and Borough Market overlooking the Thames.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, gender, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
How to apply
To apply, please click through to our website to upload a CV and complete our online application where you will need to describe how you meet the key criteria of the role as described above. Please note you must complete all of the application form to be considered for shortlisting.
The closing date for this role is 10am on 7 June 2019. Interviews and assessments are 20 June 2019.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Housing / neighbourhood management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Maintenance / Repair Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)