Leasehold & Service Charge Officer
Metropolitan Thames Valley Housing is one of the UK`s leading providers of affordable housing and care and support services. We employ over 1900 people to manage and develop our large portfolio of nearly 56,000 homes serving over 75,000 customers across London, the East Midlands, Southern and the East of England.
We are looking for a Leasehold and Service Charge Officer to help assist with the preparation of notices in line with the section 20 Major works legislation.
You will be responsible for reviewing and paying third party service charges and dealing with major works service charges including Section 20 consultation and issuing final accounts.
You will provide a comprehensive leasehold service charge service to customers and colleagues, by setting, reconciling and leading on auditing Metropolitans Thames Valley service charge accounts.
You’ll have good understanding of service charges and current legislation surrounding leases, variable service charges and fixed service charges for tenants.
What you'll need to succeed
- Experience of using current legislation for leaseholders with variable service charges (S18 - 30 Landlord & Tenant Act 1985) and an understanding of legislation on fixed service charges and service charges for Tenants.
- Demonstrable experience of interpreting leases and regulations surrounding variable service charges.
- Understanding of setting rents, service charges, sinking funds & ground rents to leaseholders.
- Proven experience in a customer service environment, including responding to complaints/disputes.
- Numerate understanding of service charge apportionment methods and annual budgeting for service charges.
What you'll get in return
In return, you will be exposed to the fast-paced environment where you can benefit from our comprehensive in-house training to continue developing and utilising your skill set.
We offer great benefits, in addition to generous holiday entitlement we provide:
life assurance with a matched contribution (up to 12%) pension scheme
enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave
salary sacrifice schemes and season ticket loans
eye care scheme
plus lots of voluntary benefits including cash back and discounts from high street names
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, take a look at the attached Job Description for more details and if it’s the ideal job for you, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or for more information call us now on 0203 5353 611.
Week commencing 10th June 2019