Project & Quality Manager (South West)
The role holder’s primary responsibility is to manage the delivery of a number of s106-delivered affordable schemes, from legal contracting of the opportunity to practical completion and snagging.
The role holder will report to the Area Development Manager within a region and will work alongside the customer care team, the Technical Advisor, operations teams, external lawyers, sales team, EA and finance teams to ensure the successful and timely delivery of the projects that they manage.
Principle accountabilities include:
- Ensure that the approved contractual arrangements are in place for each project and that the contract arrangements are in accordance with the approvals.
- Instructing and managing the employers’ agent for each project and ensuring that the employers’ agent is effectively managing the schemes and payments.
- Be responsible for the monthly reforecasting of programmes and payments in relation to each scheme.
- Being responsible for monthly project updates to finance, operations, sales and customer care, so the other teams can plan their resources in relation to the projects.
- Administering the contracting and payments process in relation to each project.
- Liaising with the relevant developer of each site, to ensure that all aspects of the development are being implemented in accordance with the agreed plans and programmes.
- Conduct any negotiations in a transparent, trustworthy and honest manner and to ensure the reputation of the company is safeguarded at all times as well as ensuring that projects are contracted in accordance with the approvals and with the adopted policies and procedures.
- Effectively plan, monitor and disburse all items of expenditure in accordance with agreed contracts.
- Generally project-manage schemes to ensure they are delivered in accordance with the programmes.to a high quality of finish and a high level of customer satisfaction ensuring that these standards are met by all counterparties and only accepting handover of schemes that meet these standards.
- Working with the customer service team to monitor performance and to ensure high levels of customer satisfaction are achieved at all times.
- Working with the Operations teams, coordinating handovers to ensure that void periods are minimised and customer expectations are met.
- Being responsible for ensuring that at the handover of homes stage, all the required property information in relation to that home is validated and confirmed as correct and loaded onto the landlord data systems.
- Maintain relationships with developers, contractors and advisors to ensure we are a valued and trusted partner and are presented with opportunities as they arise.
- Ensure the efficient, accurate and quick management of contracts.
- Degree educated or equivalent
- Strong academic background, with a numerical aptitude
- Preferable to have a project management qualification
- Project management of housing and development schemes
- Maintaining trustworthy relationships with developers and house builders that are current and potential future partners and clients
- Effective project management and risk management
- Good experience in contract management
- Knowledge of both social housing and possibly the wider residential sectors, in particular an expert understanding of social housing development, housing management and regulatory requirements
- Acting efficiently and productively within defined decision making processes
- Project management of affordable housing schemes generally delivered through s106 programmes
- Financial management of affordable housing schemes generally delivered through s106 programmes
- A self-driven entrepreneurial spirit that embraces change and opportunity
- Commercial project manager that works collaterally with colleagues within the business and with the professional team and the client
- Decisive whilst working at a quick pace
- Significant problem solving and “soft skills”
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, 10% car allowance, life assurance, employee private medical insurance, 25 days' holiday, performance related bonuses, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Please contact Stacie Burnett, Resourcing Lead - Stacie.Burnett@landg.com for further information.