Internal Communications Officer
We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK, our 44,000 homes give 90,000 people in London, the South East and the Midlands, somewhere affordable to call their own.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the Communications Team at one of the largest housing associations in the country.
You will work closely with our hardworking, friendly team to support and deliver our internal communication strategy, including:
- Developing and maintaining all existing internal communications channels, including SharePoint intranet, email and social networks – ensuring content is scheduled, up to date, relevant, engaging and personal
- Exploring and developing innovative ways to engage with staff, including interactive dynamic media like video, polls, surveys, chat bots, blogs and social media
- Writing, editing, proofing and delivering publications such as the annual report and staff newsletters – proactively sourcing content, including case studies, photos and videos.
- Organising and running integrated campaigns across a range of internal channels to support key corporate messages and departmental objectives
- Supporting teams across the business with writing and editing corporate awards submissions
- Assisting with the planning, promotion and production of corporate events including roadshows and staff conferences
- Acting as brand guardian, ensuring all communications are on message, including supporting the development of Optivo’s employee brand
The successful candidate will be an exceptional communicator with superb writing skills and creative flair, an organised and structured approach to scheduling work and the ability to juggle a busy workload to meet deadlines.
You’ll have a proven track record of advising on effective digital internal communications and engagement approaches and an understanding of audience segmentation, tools and tactics to engage with each audience
You’ll have strong partnership working skills and the confidence and ability to form constructive working relationships with people and teams as all levels of the business.
If this sounds like you then we look forward to receiving your application!
As well as this extremely rewarding job, you will also have 27 days annual leave, an extra day leave to celebrate your birthday, company pension, access to a Health Care cash plan and continued development and career opportunities throughout your employment with Optivo.
Deadline for applications 9th June 2019
At Optivo our aim is to have a diverse and inclusive workforce where people are respected for who they are. We embrace and celebrate cultural diversity in the workplace and value the strengths it brings us as an organisation. We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with respect irrespective of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We treat everyone we house, serve, employ and work with fairly and expect and encourage others to do the same.