We’re one of the largest housing providers in the UK, our 44,000 homes give 90,000 people in London, the South East and the Midlands, somewhere affordable to call their own.
We’re looking for talented individuals to join our Land and New Business team sourcing new development opportunities in Kent and Sussex.
The ideal candidate will have experience working in a similar environment with a minimum of 2 years’ experience. You’ll be able to demonstrate an ability to identify opportunities for land/promotion, joint ventures, package deals and S106’s.
We’re looking for professionals to make strategic decisions, who are confident in building strong relationships with land owners, agents, developers, contractors, local authorities, consultants and key stakeholders.
- Identifying sites for potential development
- Understanding planning legislation and working closely with planning teams to assess suitability for development and the likelihood of achieving permission for a variety of developments
- Carrying out assessments ensuring all due diligence is completed and all risks are identified and mitigated
- Liaising with vendors and external companies to arrange site surveys and site visits
- Monitoring market trends and potential risk on sales exposure
- Appraising a site to establish land value and to realise the development potential of a plot of land
- Making offers and negotiating contract terms with landowners, agents, contractors and key stakeholders
- Undertaking research, collating all information to produce reports for board approvals
- Managing budgets and programmes to ensure targets are met
- Be positive in your outlook and a perennial high achiever working well under pressure
- Be able to demonstrate your experience of appraisal and cash flow software (POD, Proval, Pamwin, Sequel or similar)
- Be experienced in formulating all aspects of complicated land, option and promotion agreements, S106 package deals and build contracts
- Be able to demonstrate a track record of successfully taking housing schemes through the planning process and into contract
- Have experience of working on Joint Ventures (desirable)
- Have excellent negotiation and communication skills and be able to demonstrate how you value, create and sustain stakeholder relationships
- Be innovative with ways to make schemes financially viable.
- Have a minimum of 2 years’ experience working within a land/development position
- Be proficient in IT and Microsoft applications
- Be analytical in your approach and be able to interrogate complex financial information.
- You must have a clean driving licence and be able to travel as part of this role.
- We cover a large geographical area and you’ll be expected to source opportunities within these areas.
If you this sounds like you, we look forward to receiving your application!
As well as this extremely rewarding job, you will also have 27 days annual leave, an extra day leave to celebrate your birthday, company pension, access to a health care cash plan and continued development and career opportunities throughout your employment with Optivo.
At Optivo our aim is to have a diverse and inclusive workforce where people are respected for who they are. We embrace and celebrate cultural diversity in the workplace and value the strengths it brings us as an organisation. We believe that everyone deserves to be treated with respect irrespective of age, caring responsibilities, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. We treat everyone we house, serve, employ and work with fairly and expect and encourage others to do the same.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Sittingbourne
- Business development Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Sittingbourne
- Project management Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Sittingbourne
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Sittingbourne
- Development / regeneration Manager £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Sittingbourne