Executive Director of Public Impact
With the scale and complexity of the housing crisis rarely far from the headlines, and the political landscape around it shifting all the time, the National Housing Federation is an organisation performing a critical role as the voice of housing associations in England.
The Federation is one the most influential and high-profile trade bodies in the UK. Its diverse membership of over 900-housing associations provides two and a half million homes for more than six million people and reinvests its profit in projects that help create strong, vibrant communities.
We believe that everyone should be able to live in a safe, secure home that they can afford. If you want a great place to live, come to a housing association. That’s why we do what we do – at our heart is social purpose.
It is a great time to be joining the Federation as our new business strategy is being launched. This is a chance for someone with a real ambition for housing and social policy to join us and help make those ambitions a reality.
You will find great colleagues and a brilliant team and you will get the opportunity to work on some of the toughest (and most interesting) social, economic and policy issues in the country.
Quite simply this role is one of the best jobs in housing! It’s challenging, rewarding and thought provoking, giving you the chance to make a real difference.
You will work with our members from small, specialist providers or community based associations to large national organisations, each one different and valued in their own right. So, this isn’t a job about policy making in ivory towers, this is all about making things happen on the ground to change things for the better. That’s why what we do at the Federation counts so much.
We’d love to hear from you if you think this is an environment in which you would thrive.
Please apply demonstrating the following:
- A good understanding of the political environment and a proven track record of working at a senior level with stakeholders in Government and associated bodies, at a national, regional and local level.
- The political astuteness to identify future social policy issues and the experience to negotiate innovative and creative solutions based on sound analysis and research.
- An experienced leader and manager with a track record of motivating and inspiring others to success, both within an organisation and externally with stakeholders and partners.
- Experience of public speaking to a wide range of audiences and the ability to use media/communication technologies to create impact and make a difference.
- Experience of the process of commissioning research and of policy development.
- An understanding of what it means to work in a trade body and an empathy with the social purpose of Housing Associations.
The Federation is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and we value the contribution each individual makes to our work. We are committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the diversity of the society in which we live and encourage applications from people of all different backgrounds, regardless of all protected characteristics or social background.
We are a disability confident employer and if you are a disabled person who demonstrates you meet the skills and experience we consider essential for the role, we will offer you an interview.
Closing Date: Tuesday 11 June 2019
First Interview Date: Friday 21 June 2019
Second Interview Date: Friday 28 June or Tuesday 2 July 2019
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Director £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Corporate Services Director £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Policy / Strategy Director £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Homes and Asset Management Director £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Executive & Senior Director £90,000 - £109,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)