Data Protection Manager
Data Protection Manager – London
One Housing helps people to live better by providing high quality homes and care across London and the South East. We manage approximately 17,000 homes and have plans to build 5,000 over the next ten years. We also support over 9,000 people to help them live independently.
Our vision is to create places for people to call home and support them to live well. We do this by ensuring our five core values are embedded in everything we do, and by creating teams of dedicated people who share these values and actively contribute to achieving our shared vision.
We have an opportunity for a Data Protection Manager to join our team in Chalk Farm. The purpose of this role is to embed data protection and compliance policies, processes, and procedures across the Group so that all areas of the business understand, manage and protect customer, staff and other stakeholder data in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements. This is a technical expert and customer-focussed role and it requires significant levels of proactive cross-business engagement as well as some interaction with residents/tenants. This role would be suitable for candidates with the right skills and experience who also shares One Housing’s values and will make an active contribution to achieving our vision.
This role has line management responsibility for Data Protection and Compliance Analyst post. The Corporate Compliance Team within the Governance and Compliance Directorate has been created to deliver a high quality, professional, customer-focussed service to the Group. It will deliver a step-change in performance in its areas of responsibility with the objective of supporting delivery of the 2018/23 corporate plan and protecting the Group’s reputation. Delivery of an excellent and technically competent service is essential as is delivery of key messages in a non-technical way.
- Provide technically sound advice to the business on all matters related to data privacy/protection and compliance.
- Gain and maintain a sound understanding of the Group’s business in order to ensure all data ‘touchpoints’ are recognised, recorded and risks adequately managed as necessary.
- Manage/oversee Data Protection Impact Assessments (DPIAs) across the Group and maintain a register of all DPIAs.
- Ensure the Group’s Information Asset Register is complete and up-to-date.
- Investigate any data breaches and make a recommendation to the Head of Corporate Compliance, Risk and Assurance on whether or not the ICO should be informed of the breach(es).
- Develop and maintain data protection policies, procedures and privacy notices (privacy notices to be revised as the IAR is updated/revised).
- Monitor and regularly report on compliance with data privacy/protection requirements.
- Review all subject access requests to ensure they have been managed in line with legal requirements and corporate policy.
- Keep a watching brief on emerging and new areas of data compliance and advise the Head of Corporate Compliance, Risk and Assurance and the Group Director Governance and Compliance/ Data Protection Officer of any actions that may need to be taken.
- Demonstrable detailed knowledge and understanding of data privacy/protection legal and regulatory requirements including DPA 2018 and GDPR
- Demonstrable experience of managing data privacy compliance in a large/complex organisation.
- Highly developed communication and analytical skills
- Demonstrable experience of working collaboratively at all levels
- An experienced people manager able to innovate
- Excellent attention to detail
- Self-motivated and delivery orientated
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Highly developed report writing skills with minimal oversight/editing required
- Demonstrable experience of working within a regulated customer focused sector, ideally housing
- High level of IT skills and literacy
- Degree level education
We want to support our colleagues to live well, through our offer of Benefits and Recognition, and by focusing on your Wellbeing.
Our Life@One colleague offer, includes the following excellent benefits:
- Salary – £60 000
- Annual leave – 28 days + bank holidays
- Pensions – One Housing is a sector-leader in the contributions we make to our colleagues’ pensions.
- Buying and selling annual leave - We know that getting the balance right between work and home life is a big part of supporting our colleagues’ wellbeing.
- Paid time off to volunteer in our communities.
- Season ticket loans
- A healthcare cashback plan – allowing you to claim back cash for you and your family’s routine healthcare.
- Colleague recognition scheme – we let you know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- One Academy – our innovative, in-house learning and development offering, designed to support with your personal and professional development.
- Study leave – up to five days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Career break - after three years’ continuous service.
Our commitment to diversity
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and our workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain by having diverse teams and supporting them to be their best. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
One Housing are committed to the principles of Leadership 2025, an initiative spearheaded by our Group Board Chair, Steve Douglas, which aims to increase the representation of black and minority ethnic people in leadership positions in the UK housing sector. We are also supporters of Women in Social Housing (WISH), promoting and encouraging young women to choose and progress careers in the sector.
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Legal Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Executive & Senior Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Senior management Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)