Clerk of Works
Clerk of Works – Construction/Housing
Wood Green, London
£33,703 per annum (rising to £35,477 after 12 months, subject to satisfactory performance) – Company car included
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
One of the UK’s leading providers of housing, care and commercial services, Sanctuary Group employs more than 13,000 people and manages over 100,000 units of accommodation throughout England and Scotland, including general rented, retirement living, supported housing, student and key worker accommodation and care homes. Sanctuary also provides a range of other services including maintenance, care and telecare, all of which are delivered by our dedicated employees who are completely committed to customer service.
Sanctuary Homes are looking for an experienced Clerk of Works/Building Site Inspector to work on our exciting development programme where we aspire to build 30,000 new homes. You will be responsible for monitoring the construction and delivery of a range of projects both new build and refurbishments including residential homes for rent & sale, apartment blocks & care homes. With a background in monitoring standards and controlling contractors to ensure quality is maintained and that all work is carried out within specification, this is a great opportunity to progress and develop your career within an ambitious organisation.
The role of Clerk of Works will include:
- Ensuring all new build and refurbishment projects are in line with the Group’s technical design and quality standards
- Visiting all projects on a regular basis and building excellent relationships with the relevant contractors and internal colleagues
- Ensuring properties are fit for purpose, completed to a high standard and meet the needs of the intended end user
- Making recommendations for changes throughout the project as and when required
- Monitoring any budgetary issues and ensuring these are escalated to the Construction Manager
- Producing detailed reports during the construction works and communicating this information to the relevant teams
Skills and experiences:
- HNC in Building and Construction or equivalent is desirable
- Have a proven track record within residential developments, ideally Social Housing or within the new build sector of the construction industry
- Possess significant experience in managing quality in construction projects in a complex and demanding environment
- An up to date working knowledge of building compliance and regulations
- An excellent problem solver you will have the ability to prioritise, plan, schedule and evaluate works
- Excellent stakeholder engagement with experience of managing external contractors
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- This role will involve driving on company business. In order to drive a company vehicle, drivers must hold a full valid UK driving licence
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- 25 days leave (rising to a maximum of 30 days) plus public holidays
- Life assurance
- Health & well-being plans
- Discounted products & services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- Learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile please click here
Closing Date: 20 June 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.