Who are Accent?
We own almost 22,000 houses across the north, east and south of the country.
They are home to over 35,000 customers. We exist to improve lives, providing people with high quality homes, affordably. Whatever their housing need, whether family, single, older or more vulnerable – our customers come first. They are always at the very heart of our business.
You will be joining Accent at an exciting time. Our new 3-year Corporate Strategy ‘With you for your Journey’ sets out an ambitious and exciting agenda for the future that will establish Accent Group as a sector leading organisation.
We live and breathe our values – we are smart, we are driven, we are caring and we are energetic – are you? If you can do what’s right and challenge what you think is wrong, relish the opportunity to work with some fabulous colleagues to improve the customer experience and make sure we keep to our promises, then you are the person we are looking for.
If you feel great about putting customers first, then we feel great about you joining the Accent team.
Come and join us and start your own journey with Accent. We aim to be number one, and you could help us get there.
- The successful candidate can work either from Peterborough or Shipley
The spot salary for this post is £66,300 per annum for applicants who fully meet the requirements of the post. Applicants, who do not meet all of the requirements of the post, will start 5% or 10% below the spot salary.
£1,250 per annum paid monthly (subject to TAX and NI deductions, non-pensionable)
The Role and Person
- 35 hours
This role spearheads the design, contractual setup and commercial viability of our repairs, voids and estate services offer to our customers.
We are looking for an individual who will inspire the team to deliver brilliant commercial, contract management and contract support services to colleagues across the business.
As a Commercial Manager, a typical day might include:
- Bringing our values to life through providing direction, coaching, support, empowerment and development to your teams to enable them to flourish and succeed
- Inspiring the team to deliver brilliant commercial, contract management and contract support services to colleagues
- Ensuring the contracts we have in place to deliver our repairs, voids, estates and customer safety services are commercially viable and provide real value for money for our customers
- Using your expertise and fresh thinking to implement innovative ways of working and ensuring we stay ahead of the curve on legislation, approaches to service delivery and efficiency
- Monitoring the national movement within the maintenance sector and seeking opportunities to collaborate with stakeholders to innovate, apply best practice, tackle sector hurdles i.e. labour market
- Applying your commercial and technical know-how to support colleagues across the group in ensuring that contracts are well-managed and performing well
- Providing detailed assessments and reports demonstrating how contracts and associated commercial elements perform, including SWOT analysis
- Cash flow and forecasting of all services, assessing activity levels, controlling costs and ensuring budgetary provision is in place to maintain homes effectively
- Ensuring the procurement of contracts with suppliers and contractors deliver compliant and professional services
- Supporting and contributing towards the businesses objective to achieve 100% recovery of service charged costs for all estate services
- Engaging customers to ensure service delivery meets their needs and enabling a continuous improvement culture
- 28 days paid holiday per year rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week
- Option to purchase additional holiday of up to 2 of your working weeks (at managers discretion)
- Flexi-time scheme
- Salary based contributory pension
- Scheme with Life Assurance cover or a defined contribution pension
- Scheme (SHPS)
- Cycle Scheme
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 2 Months