Who are Accent?
We own almost 22,000 houses across the north, east and south of the country.
They are home to over 35,000 customers. We exist to improve lives, providing people with high quality homes, affordably. Whatever their housing need, whether family, single, older or more vulnerable – our customers come first. They are always at the very heart of our business.
You will be joining Accent at an exciting time. Our new 3-year Corporate Strategy ‘With you for your Journey’ sets out an ambitious and exciting agenda for the future that will establish Accent Group as a sector leading organisation.
We live and breathe our values – we are smart, we are driven, we are caring and we are energetic – are you? If you can do what’s right and challenge what you think is wrong, relish the opportunity to work with some fabulous colleagues to improve the customer experience and make sure we keep to our promises, then you are the person we are looking for.
If you feel great about putting customers first, then we feel great about you joining the Accent team.
Come and join us and start your own journey with Accent. We aim to be number one, and you could help us get there.
Shipley or Peterborough
The spot salary for this post is £45,149 per annum for applicants who fully meet the requirements of the post. Applicants, who do not meet all of the requirements of the post, will start 5% or 10% below the spot salary.
£1,250 per annum paid monthly (subject to TAX and NI deductions, non-pensionable)
The Role and Person
- 35 hours
This role is all about managing a team which will provide excellent asset management insight, data and intelligence for internal and external customers to utilise in improving the quality, financial performance and customer experience of the asset portfolio.
We are seeking someone who has experience of working with asset data and the skills to ensure the rich data we hold is brought to life and made widely available in a way that ensures it can inform investment / divestment needs of the homes portfolio, leading to solutions focussed outcomes.
As an Asset Manager, a typical day might include:
- Identifying and analysing good, marginal and poor Net Present Value (NPV) and social objectives performance from the homes portfolio
- Producing asset condition programmes to offer reliable and accurate data for use in financial planning / borrowing, investment in homes and keeping customers safe
- Ensuring stock condition surveyors / consultants are equipped with the tools and have the skills, knowledge and experience to deliver the asset condition programme to target
- Providing analysis of asset performance in determining investment / divestment needs to optimise future return on homes
- Analysing repairs and voids activity to inform asset investment needs, to improve the quality of homes, ensure customer safety and improve the customer experience
- Working with internal & external customers build local knowledge and context into asset management and planned programme production
- Undertaking smoothing and modelling of the planned programme to optimise timing of investment in assets and enable contractor delivery / continuity
- Applying quality standards to the asset portfolio to ensure a consistent standard of home is provided and customers are kept safe
- Creating a dynamic 30-year planned programme for use in financial planning and creating visibility for internal and external customers
- Feeding into and shaping the energy efficiency strategy
- Implementing a data integrity strategy which ensures all data is accurate and pinpointed for collection
- Undertaking quality assurance checks to support data integrity
- Developing reporting requirements and platforms to showcase planned programme, asset condition and asbestos for proactive / predictive use
- Creating annual budgets for all customer safety, service delivery, quality standards and investment needs
- Using your expertise and fresh thinking to implement innovative ways of working and ensuring we stay ahead of the curve on approaches to asset management
- Applying your specialist skills to support colleagues across the group in ensuring that assets are well managed and supported to perform well.
- 28 days paid holiday per year rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week
- Option to purchase additional holiday of up to 2 of your working weeks (at managers discretion)
- Flexi-time scheme
- Salary based contributory pension
- Scheme with Life Assurance cover or a defined contribution pension
- Scheme (SHPS)
- Cycle Scheme
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 2 Months