Who are Accent?
We own almost 22,000 houses across the north, east and south of the country.
They are home to over 35,000 customers. We exist to improve lives, providing people with high quality homes, affordably. Whatever their housing need, whether family, single, older or more vulnerable – our customers come first. They are always at the very heart of our business.
If you feel great about putting customers first, then we feel great about you joining the Accent team.
And we are a team. We live and breathe our values – we are smart, we are driven, we are caring and we are energetic – are you? If you can do what’s right and challenge what you think is wrong, relish the opportunity to work with some fabulous colleagues to improve the customer experience and make sure we keep to our promises, then you are the person we are looking for.
Come and join us and start your own journey with Accent. We aim to be number one, and you could help us get there.
You will be joining Accent at an exciting time. Our new 3-year Corporate Strategy ‘With you for your Journey’ sets out an ambitious and exciting agenda for the future that will establish Accent Group as a sector leading organisation.
The spot salary for this post is £29,374 per annum for applicants who fully meet the requirements of the post. Applicants, who do not meet all of the requirements of the post, will start 5% or 10% below the spot salary.
£1,250 per annum paid monthly (subject to TAX and NI deductions, non-pensionable)
The Role and Person
- 35 hours
Your core role and focus is all about delivering our income and debt service, providing a fantastic customer experience. You will embrace our proactive approach to tenancy sustainment and customer care. We want our people and our customers to be proud of the services and homes we provide and you have a key part to play in this.
As an Income Officer, a typical day might include
- Owning the customer experience across your patch, you will be the focal point in the delivery of our service offer around income, debt, sundry debts, court costs, rechargeable repairs and performance excellence
- Meaningfully engaging customers in order to understand their circumstances, build trust and create opportunities for payment, surpassing their expectations and achieving reductions in income and debt whilst sustaining tenancies
- Bringing our values to life, through all of your interactions with customers and colleagues by building relationships to ensure customers engage with you at every step of their Accent journey including when they leave us
- Owning and delivering on performance on your patch, ensuring all targets are surpassed, or putting collaborative plans in place to recover any performance failings
- Establishing and maintaining exceptional working relationships, at an operational level, with Housing Benefit departments, DWP, debt charities and other related agencies
- Being highly visible to customers, providing in depth knowledgeable in all things income and debt, account management and welfare benefits for your customers
- Taking responsibility for your own health & safety and making sure that our customers are safe in their home and communal areas
- Being responsible for using your budget effectively and delivering positive outcomes that will enhance the customer experience
The Must haves
- Relevant professional qualifications and/or experience
- A supportive and engaged team player, with the customer and the community at the heart of all you do
- Someone who develops and shares skills, experience and knowledge
- A consistently high performer who thrives on challenges, leads and inspires
- Ability to adapt your communication style to suit the situation
- Someone who recognises problems as an invigorating challenge and works diligently to achieve a positive outcome
- Fantastic relationship skills which enables you to build rapport with customers and all other stakeholders
- Open, honest and take ownership of situations
- A keen eye to value for money and able to deliver
- Full UK driving licence and access to a vehicle for business use
The added extras
- Sector knowledge would be useful, whilst not essential. A strong people focus is what we are looking for
- You’ll be adept at change, having got hands on experience living and breathing new ways of working and knowing how to bring your colleagues along for the
- 28 days paid holiday per year rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week
- Option to purchase additional holiday of up to 2 of your working weeks (at managers discretion)
- Flexi-time scheme
- Salary based contributory pension
- Scheme with Life Assurance cover or a defined contribution pension
- Scheme (SHPS)
- Cycle Scheme
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 1 Month