Customer Safety Surveyor – M&E
Who are Accent?
We own almost 22,000 houses across the north, east and south of the country.
They are home to over 35,000 customers. We exist to improve lives, providing people with high quality homes, affordably. Whatever their housing need, whether family, single, older or more vulnerable – our customers come first. They are always at the very heart of our business.
If you feel great about putting customers first, then we feel great about you joining the Accent team.
And we are a team. We live and breathe our values – we are smart, we are driven, we are caring and we are energetic – are you? If you can do what’s right and challenge what you think is wrong, relish the opportunity to work with some fabulous colleagues to improve the customer experience and make sure we keep to our promises, then you are the person we are looking for.
Come and join us and start your own journey with Accent. We aim to be number one, and you could help us get there.
You will be joining Accent at an exciting time. Our new 3-year Corporate Strategy ‘With you for your Journey’ sets out an ambitious and exciting agenda for the future that will establish Accent Group as a sector leading organisation.
The spot salary for this post is £32,093 per annum for applicants who fully meet the requirements of the post. Applicants, who do not meet all of the requirements of the post, will start 5% or 10% below the spot salary.
£1,250 per annum paid monthly (subject to TAX and NI deductions, non-pensionable)
The Role and Person
- 35 hours
This role is about being our mechanical systems safety expert and managing the delivery of regional/national contracts to ensure customers are kept safe from any potential mechanical systems failures.
We are looking for someone who has a detailed knowledge of mechanical system safety, can provide an expert opinion to internal and external customers and the ability to manage risk of non-compliance through delivery of contracts/preventative measures.
A typical day might include:
- Managing the delivery of the regional / national mechanical system (e.g. Passenger Lifts / Stair Lifts/ Fire Safety Equipment) servicing / testing/ remedials programmes to our homes and offices
- Ensuring all aspects of the regional / national contracts are performance managed through your contract management experience, to ensure all associated KPI’s are monitored and accurately measured against
- Preparing, managing and monitoring all budgetary aspects of the mechanical systems and remedial programme
- Reviewing the current and future mechanical testing programmes, to manage risk of non-compliance through delivery of contracts and / or ensure preventative measures are in place
- Implementing quality control systems for inspection and maintenance of mechanical systems within our homes and offices.
- Taking action to ensure that relevant legislation and safety standards are met and customers / staff safety are secure
- Considering / reviewing and making recommendations for changes to policies & procedures and technologies beneficial in the monitoring and auditing of mechanical systems to ensure customer safety
- Actively promote the importance of customer safety
- Being part of an effective operational team, focused on achievement of service plan / departmental objectives
- Providing guidance in your area of professional specialism to internal and external customers
- Resolving contractor disputes and performance issues in a professional and constructive manner
- Ensuring services provided are effective and clearly demonstrate value for money, along with a commitment for continuous improvement and high customer satisfaction levels
- 28 days paid holiday per year rising by 1 day per year up to a maximum of one working week
- Option to purchase additional holiday of up to 2 of your working weeks (at managers discretion)
- Flexi-time scheme
- Salary based contributory pension
- Scheme with Life Assurance cover or a defined contribution pension
- Scheme (SHPS)
- Cycle Scheme
- Learning & Development opportunities
- Employee Assistance Programme
- 1 Month