Voids Operative - FTC ending 1st July 2021
Hightown Housing Association Limited is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire providing a wide range of housing and support services for families and single people including people with special needs.
Hightown currently manages over 6,000 homes and employs over 1000 staff. The housing association has an annual turnover of £81 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homeseach year.
About the Role
We have an opening for a Voids Operative to be based in Hemel Hempstead.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a new team of Voids Operatives on Hightown`s growing number of properties. The primary function of the role will be completing specifications on voids and carrying out the necessary required works.
The successful applicant will work alongside a team of Voids Operatives and Clean and Clear Operatives with the aim of returning properties back into a lettable condition as quickly as possible.
The successful candidate must be skilled in several trades including, but not limited to; plumbing, carpentry, carpet laying, roofing, decorating, lock changing etc.
You will also be responsible for the upkeep of van stock and storage, ensuring purchases are coded correctly for regular review.
The role is a 24 months fixed term contract with the intention of being permanent should the new service be successful.
To apply for this role you will need to have the following:
- Knowledge or qualifications in a relevant sector, for example in building construction and experience of working within public sector housing
- Multi-skilled in various trades
- Ability to climb stairs, ladders and scaffolding
- A good general knowledge of IT, particularly Microsoft office packages
- Excellent communication and customer care skills
- A Full UK driver`s license and access to your own transport. The Benefits
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package.
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service
- £32,760pa for a 40 hour a week contract and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Free on-site gym
How to Apply
To apply for this position please click the link below and complete an online application form.
Please click below for a copy of the job description.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Closing date: Wednesday 19th June 2019
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Asset management Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Hemel Hempstead
- Maintenance / Repair Assistant / coordinator £30,000 - £39,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Hemel Hempstead