Sanctuary Maintenance provides a wide range of property maintenance and facilities management solutions for thousands of customers nationwide. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Octavian Centre, Chester – Covering North West
£38,127 per annum with an additional policy allowance of £915 per annum (rising to £40,134 with an additional policy allowance of £963 per annum after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
35 hours per week – Monday to Friday
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
The Quantity Surveyor will play a pivotal role by assisting in the management of the commercial administration of regional capital projects to meet the needs of the Group and the wider community.
The role of Quantity Surveyor will include:
- Delivering, improving and maintaining effective and efficient administrative processes, including estimating, invoicing, variation requests, raising purchase orders and reviewing profit and loss
- Producing appropriate documentation to support regional capital projects and produce meaningful reports relating to service delivery, supply chain performance and relevant issues to enable them to be addressed and resolved
- Supporting the management of commercial administration for regional capital projects to meet the needs of Group’s customers and the wider community, maximising capital investment returns and income on all projects
- Communicating effectively and maintaining relationships with internal and external customers, identifying any shortfalls in service delivery and ensuring they are dealt with appropriately including escalating as appropriate
Skills and experiences:
- Relevant construction, surveying or building maintenance qualification or knowledge and ability at an equivalent level
- Experience of managing commercial administration for reinvestment programmes and ad hoc capital projects in a social housing or similar environment
- Ability to work on own initiative and independently, together with experience of working to deadlines and prioritising workload
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office Packages to include, Word, Excel and Outlook
- This role will involve driving on company business. In order to drive a company vehicle, drivers must hold a full valid UK driving licence
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday plus public holidays
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 20 June 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
The Quantity Surveyor will play a pivotal role by assisting in the management of the commercial administration of regional capital projects to meet the needs of the Group and the wider community
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Assistant / coordinator £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Chester
- Maintenance / Repair Assistant / coordinator £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Chester
- Residential Development & Construction Assistant / coordinator £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Chester
- Health and safety Assistant / coordinator £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Chester
- Other Housing jobs Assistant / coordinator £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent in Chester