Trafford Housing Trust recently announced a proposal to join the L&Q Group, one of the largest housing providers in the country. THT and L&Q have worked together successfully for two years in a JV that is investing £160M to deliver over 2,000 homes across the North West. This was a real step change for THT and we are delivering a wide range of homes and tenures across sites large and small.
We aspire to provide 50% market and 50% affordable homes, reinvesting profits in our social purpose and improving lives across our communities. There are plans to increase THT’s delivery to 20,000 homes over the next 10 years and we need a dedicated and growing team to achieve this. We are looking for enthusiastic and passionate people to join our Delivery (post-contract) team. We are looking for a graduate to strengthen the team, which comprises planning, development and commercial experience
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an already successful team at an exciting stage of our evolution.
Reporting to the Development Manager, the main duties for this role are as follows:
- liaising with other parts of the business to refine development aspirations.
- Building relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Providing graduate support to the wider team through project management.
- Assist the Delivery team in ensuring all Projects are delivered on time, within budget and to specified quality standards. Monitoring and reporting both throughout the duration of the project and reporting changes in line with agreed parameters.
- Working with Project Managers to negotiate and agree contractual arrangements, build plans and programmes and cashflow forecasting with contractors and align with internal reporting procedures.
- Working with colleagues to agree a clear project strategy.
- Support the development team to establish and maintain fully compliant Homes England audit files at the start of each scheme.
- Actively manage aspects of Health and safety on site and reporting requirements. Management of the appointed consultants.
- Actively support managers, reporting and reacting to all Risks associated with the Project.
- Assist with compliant handovers of all properties, manage transfer of responsibilities to Aftercare.
The successful candidate will have a strong interest and passion for residential development and project management; they will have excellent written and verbal communication skills, can communicate with a range of stakeholder and manage and maintain working relationships. The position would suit someone who is aspiring to become a Development Project Manager professional on a full time basis. The successful candidate must be highly proficient at Microsoft Word and Excel.
In addition to this a full driving licence and access to a car required for this role.
What Trafford Housing Trust can offer you:
THT run a graduate programme, which the successful candidate(s) will be enrolled onto. This provides a structured training and skill development programme which runs over 2-3 years. Progress through the 2-3 year programme will be marked with incremental salary increases. All graduates are fully supported by their direct Senior Line Manager, Graduate Programme Lead and an internal mentor.
Once completed the graduate will then be a fully qualified Project Manager with the ability to independently manage projects within our very exciting programme.
In addition, Trafford Housing Trust encourages a healthy work/life balance and we offer an attractive benefits package for employees, as well as a competitive and transparent system of pay and reward. These benefits include excellent training and development opportunities, a salary sacrifice child care voucher scheme, access to the Social Housing Defined Contribution pension scheme, annual leave allowance starting at 20 days per annum and rising to 30 days per annum with service.
Start date for this position is September 2019
Please send your CV and covering letter, explaining why you are suitable for the position to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: 28th June 2019