Surveyor - Fire Safety Systems
The Surveyor – Fire safety Systems is responsible for providing technical advice, surveying and contract administration and support services to service, repair and maintain full legal and service standard compliance for the Group’s property portfolio in respect to fire safety systems servicing, testing and maintenance.
- Responsible for carrying out M&E asset condition surveys, co-ordinating with other functions as appropriate
- Assist with the supervision and management of maintenance contracts, including monitoring of OPIs and KPIs
- Produce specifications where Capital projects require M&E input for fire safety equipment.
- Prepare and deliver M&E projects from initiation to completion
- Provide expertise to new business/development on new capital projects as required, including providing expertise as necessary to any formal complaints procedure
- Take the lead in any substantive reactive repairs for all M&E fire safety equipment and systems.
- Participate in new building handovers and verification of files
- Assist on provision of fire safety system advice, including inputting into the formal Complaints Procedure.
- Ensure accurate data is provided and input into relevant systems.
- Previous experience of carrying out stock condition surveys for M&E services
- Track record of expertise in fire safety systems
- Track record of developing and maintaining good working relationships with suppliers and customers
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written
We want to support our colleagues to live well, through our offer of Benefits and Recognition, and by focusing on your Wellbeing.
Our Life@One colleague offer, includes the following excellent benefits:
- Salary – £40,000 - £50,000
- Annual leave – 28 days plus bank holidays
- Pensions – One Housing is a sector-leader in the contributions we make to our colleagues’ pensions.
- Buying and selling annual leave - We know that getting the balance right between work and home life is a big part of supporting our colleagues’ wellbeing.
- Paid time off to volunteer in our communities.
- Season ticket loans
- A healthcare cashback plan – allowing you to claim back cash for you and your family’s routine healthcare.
- Colleague recognition scheme – we let you know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- One Academy – our innovative, in-house learning and development offering, designed to support with your personal and professional development.
- Study leave – up to five days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Career break - after three years’ continuous service.
Our commitment to diversity & next steps
Our commitment to diversity
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and our workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain by having diverse teams and supporting them to be their best. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work.
One Housing are committed to the principles of Leadership 2025, an initiative spearheaded by our Group Board Chair, Steve Douglas, which aims to increase the representation of black and minority ethnic people in leadership positions in the UK housing sector. We are also supporters of Women in Social Housing (WISH), promoting and encouraging young women to choose and progress careers in the sector.
To begin your career with One Housing, and begin to make a real difference to the lives of thousands of people; Apply Now!