Income Recovery Officer
Hightown Housing Association Limited is a charitable housing association operating principally in Hertfordshire, Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire and Berkshire providing a wide range of housing and support services for families and single people including people with special needs.
We currently manage over 6,000 homes and employ over 1,000 full and part time staff from our head office in Hemel Hempstead. We have an annual turnover of £80 million and a development programme that will deliver around 400 new affordable homes each year.
About the Role
The Income Recovery Officer will be responsible for providing a highly professional customer focused arrears recovery service to Hightown`s residents.
The duties will include monitoring rent accounts, taking appropriate action to identify and manage rent arrears in accordance with Hightown`s procedures, legislation and best practice.
You will be responsible for:
- Managing and monitoring the rent accounts on a patch of properties ensuring that all rent accounts are monitored regularly
- Correct action taken in line with Hightown`s policies and procedures.
- Maintain clear and up to date information on databases and work with Housing benefit departments and the Department of Work and Pensions to encourage payment of claims and resolutions of problems.
- Carry out home visits to tenants where necessary and work alongside relevant officers across the Association to coordinate Hightown`s response to the Government`s Welfare Reform agenda.
For the role of Income Recovery Officer, we are looking for individuals who have a knowledge of housing and welfare benefits and have experience of computerised arrears management systems.
You must be computer literate with a good understanding of spreadsheets and ability to use various software packages and have the ability to organise your own workload effectively to meet targets and deadlines.
In return for your hard work and commitment, we offer a considerable benefits package.
- Generous annual leave allowance of 25 days per year, plus statutory bank holidays, rising with service
- £27,993 pa for a 35 hour a week contract and bonuses available on top of your basic salary
- Regular support from your line manager and colleagues
- Annual bonus based on satisfactory performance
- Monthly attendance bonus
- Annual salary and cost of living review
- Commitment to health and wellbeing with the Five Ways to Wellbeing
- Workplace pension scheme
- Life assurance of three times your annual salary
- Friendly and supportive team environment
- Employee assistance helpline
- Mileage paid for car usage
- Free on-site gym
If you are interested in joining our friendly team, please apply below.
Appointment to this position will be subject to satisfactory reference and medical checks.
To stay safe in your job search we recommend that you visit SAFERjobs, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat job scams. Visit the SAFERjobs website for information on common scams and to get free, expert advice for a safer job search.
Closing date: Monday 24th June 2019
Interview date: Friday 28th June 2019
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer.