Community Champions Project Co-ordinator
The post holder’s role is to meet the health needs of the local people with a particular focus on reducing health inequalities.
The Community Projects Lead will directly deliver the Old Oak Community Champions Project. They will also be working closely alongside the Maternity Champions Manager to deliver the Maternity Champion Project for Old Oak. Additionally, they will be supporting the development of new projects on the Old Oak estate and beyond.
The post holder will be responsible for line managing the Active for Life Manager who is based at Old Oak but delivers the Active for Life project across nine hubs in the borough of Hammersmith and Fulham, Kensington and Chelsea and Westminster.
- Knowledge of best practice in the recruitment and supervision of volunteers
- Experience of delivering successful community projects
- A track record of effective staff management
- Experience of developing partnerships within the public and voluntary sectors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- The ability to manage a demanding workload which may result in working antisocial hours
- IT literate with the understanding and ability to use Microsoft Office effectively
- Experience of working around health and/or social care issues