Construction, Design & Quality Manager
Guinness was founded in 1890, so we have been providing homes and services for nearly 130 years. We’re proud of our heritage, and excited about our future. What we’re here for hasn’t changed – to improve people’s lives and create possibilities for them. We’re committed to providing great homes and services to our customers across the country.
Over the next 5 years Guinness plans to build 10,000 new homes across the country, and we’re expanding our team to help us do this. We’re looking for experienced and talented development professionals, who share our vision and values, to join our team and help us deliver our exciting new build programme.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a Construction, Design & Quality manager to join our development team in London on a permanent basis.
You will be joining Guinness at a fantastic time with real opportunity to provide technical leadership for the design, construction and delivery of high quality new developments from inception through to the end of defects period. Reporting to the Development Director, you’ll be primarily responsible for:
- Leading a team to ensure the highest standard of on-site technical expertise, quality control and supervision on all development schemes within their remit.
- Obtaining and providing clear, expert assurance around technical quality and building safety.
- Representing the development team on cross departmental liaison groups (e.g. Asset Management).
- Encouraging good practice and continuous improvement within Development; managing and developing design champions - ensuring compliance with Guinness policies and legal statues
- Providing expertise to development employees in relation to design, specification, Health and Safety, and legal contracts.
- Providing sign-off on adherence to Guinness’s Design Standards at key gateway stages.
- Assisting in the effective appointment, management, and performance of consultants, contractors and developers involved in delivering development/regeneration schemes.
- Contributing to design/specification consistency and improvement, inputting into the Guinness Design Guide & related guides to minimise construction defects and building costs in use.
- Leading and support Guinness-wide initiatives including researching and reviewing new, innovative approaches to procurement, design and construction.
- Lead &/or support the Delivery teams on major defects/schemes which may result in contract disputes or litigation.
- Ensuring good control of the revenue budgets for the CDQ team and capital budgets for defects resolution which have been agreed with the Development Director.
- Undertaking additional national responsibilities as agreed with your Manager
- Experience of leading, performance managing and motivating remote teams, in a high performance culture.
- Proven experience of managing the contracts and operational performance of the Development supply chain including setting and achieving challenging targets.
- Ability to maximise, utilise and embed the use of new technologies, including mobile technology and ways of working.
- Excellent knowledge of construction standards, regulations and legislation, including Health and Safety and proven experience of managing these at a senior level.
- Excellent, up-to-date, practical knowledge and experience of construction processes
- Ability to present information in a clear and concise way to senior management, enabling effective decision making.
- Proven influencing and negotiation skills.
- Ability to manage complex budgets
- Excellent oral and written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Excel, Word and PowerPoint and emerging technologies.
- Able to demonstrate Guinness Behaviours.
- Able to demonstrate Guinness Leadership and Management Standard.
- Educated to degree level (or equivalent) and/or relevant technical postgraduate qualification e.g. CIOB, RICS, RIBA or equivalent.
What’s on offer
We offer an excellent benefits package that helps to make The Guinness Partnership a great place to work. Benefits include but aren't limited to:
- Competitive Salary of £66,160 (£60,160 plus £6K local job supplement per annum) rising to £69,326 (£63,326 plus £6K LJS per annum) after 12 months
- 25 days holiday & bank holidays (Plus option to purchase 5 additional holiday days)
- Amazing career development opportunities
- Access to Private Health scheme
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Access to Employee assistance programme
- Access to Benefits Portal offering everyday Lifestyle Benefits
- Professional qualification support & financial support for professional subscriptions
- Thank you awards - by nomination
- Aspire programme - £100 allowance per employee each financial year
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Training & E-learning courses
If you’re interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to view all of the key responsibilities and ensure you meet the essential criteria.
More searches like this
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Construction Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Design Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Development / regeneration Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Health and safety Manager £60,000 - £69,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)