Head of Design and Quality
Guinness was founded in 1890, so we have been providing homes and services for nearly 130 years. We’re proud of our heritage, and excited about our future. What we’re here for hasn’t changed – to improve people’s lives and create possibilities for them. We’re committed to providing great homes and services to our customers across the country.
Over the next 5 years Guinness plans to build 10,000 new homes across the country, and we’re expanding our team to help us do this. We’re looking for experienced and talented development professionals, who share our vision and values, to join our team and help us deliver our exciting new build programme.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a national Head of Design & Quality operating out of one of our major offices on a permanent basis. Some of our office locations include: London, Bristol, Milton Keynes or Manchester.
You will be joining Guinness at a fantastic time with real opportunity to influence how we manage the delivery of our major, complex development and regeneration projects. Our development teams operate across much of England from a number of local offices and you will be responsible for supporting these teams across the country. Primary responsibilities will also include:
- Accountability for the framework for consistent design and construction quality of Guinness schemes.
- Ensuring an effective technical gatekeeper role is performed for new projects.
- Owning and ensuring compliance with the Guinness design guide.
- Supporting development teams to ensure a high standard of on-site technical expertise, quality control and supervision on all Guinness development schemes. Give technical direction to design and quality specialists in other teams.
- Representing the development team in cross-departmental technical liaison, particularly with Asset Management and Procurement teams.
- Ensuring robust monitoring and reporting on construction Health & Safety compliance.
- Driving good practice and continuous improvement in construction quality within the Development team – acting as a centre of expertise for development in relation to design and construction matters, keeping teams abreast of regulatory and statutory changes.
- Ensuring the client role is performed effectively and contractual responsibility is maintained on construction projects - overseeing monitoring of contractor/consultant performance to ensure they are held to account and drive continuous improvement in their performance.
- Working with colleagues to ensure the effective appointment of consultants and contractors involved in delivering Development projects; manage Development access to construction procurement frameworks.
- Representing Guinness at a senior level with external agencies, partners, local authorities and other Registered Providers to forge excellent relationships and deliver corporate goals.
- Leading and/or supporting on Guinness wide initiatives including researching and reviewing innovative approaches to procurement, design, technology and construction.
- Supporting and advising local teams on major defects / schemes which may result in contract disputes or litigation. Providing ad hoc design and quality support to development teams.
- Successful project management and technical expertise and experience.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of construction, construction regulation, construction technology and processes.
- Proven experience of managing external contractors and consultants.
- Proven experience of leading, managing and motivating teams.
- Knowledge and experience of successful project and programme planning, management and negotiation.
- Track record of meeting deadlines and working effectively with others in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Ability to engage with stakeholders at a senior level to drive business change and improvement.
- Excellent oral and written communications and interpersonal skills - excellent report writing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviours.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Leadership and Management Standard.
- Educated to degree level and/or relevant professional qualification e.g. MCIOB, RIBA, RICS
What’s on offer
We offer an excellent benefits package that helps to make The Guinness Partnership a great place to work. Benefits include but aren't limited to:
- Competitive Salary of £72,642 (plus £6,000 LJS if based in London) rising to £76,465 per annum (plus £6,000 LJS if based in London) after 12 months
- 25 days holiday & bank holidays (Plus option to purchase 5 additional holiday days)
- Amazing career development opportunities
- Access to Private Health scheme
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Access to Employee assistance programme
- Access to Benefits Portal offering everyday Lifestyle Benefits
- Professional qualification support & financial support for professional subscriptions
- Thank you awards - by nomination
- Aspire programme - £100 allowance per employee each financial year
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Training & E-learning courses
If you’re interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to view all of the key responsibilities and ensure you meet the essential criteria.
More searches like this
- Residential Development & Construction Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Manchester
- Construction Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Manchester
- Design Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Manchester
- Development / regeneration Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Manchester
- Health and safety Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in Manchester