Head of Development Strategy & Programming
Guinness was founded in 1890, so we have been providing homes and services for nearly 130 years. We’re proud of our heritage, and excited about our future. What we’re here for hasn’t changed – to improve people’s lives and create possibilities for them. We’re committed to providing great homes and services to our customers across the country.
Over the next 5 years Guinness plans to build 10,000 new homes across the country, and we’re expanding our team to help us do this. We’re looking for experienced and talented development professionals, who share our vision and values, to join our team and help us deliver our exciting new build programme.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a national Head of Development Strategy & Programming based in London on a permanent basis.
You will be joining Guinness at a fantastic time with real opportunity to influence how we manage the delivery of our major, complex development and regeneration projects. Our development teams operate across much of England from a number of local offices and you will be responsible for supporting these teams across the country. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Managing the preparation and delivery of Guinness’s Development strategies and business plans, ensuring these reflect the changing dynamics of the expanding programme as well as regulatory and statutory changes and ensure buy-in at all levels of the Development function.
- Instructing colleagues in respect of compliance with capital funding guides and regulators requirements.
- Ensuring an effective project and programme management resource within Development that enables Guinness to be a leading edge developer on key strategic issues concerning sustainability, modern methods of construction, supply chain management and strategic partnering.
- Leading a team to monitor and report performance against Key Performance Indicators and co-ordinate regulation activities to ensure compliance. Improve the collection, use and analysis of data to increase performance.
- Leading on day-to-day relationships with funders.
- Co-ordinating the production of bids for HE & GLA programmes, ensuring that first class submissions can be speedily assembled and produced.
- Leading a team with policy, regulation and project management skills that is flexible to support the constantly changing needs of the Development function.
- Driving and co-ordinating policy management and change within the Development function and across Guinness.
- Representing Guinness Development at a senior level with internal stakeholders, external agencies, partners, local authorities and other Registered Providers to forge excellent relationships.
- Proven track record in project and programme management.
- Knowledge of RPs’ regulatory and funding environment and of business planning processes in that environment.
- Proven experience in programme monitoring and reporting in a property or regulated environment.
- Proven experience of policy development and implementation.
- Proven experience of leading, managing and motivating teams.
- Excellent report writing skills, oral and written communications.
- Proven ability to meet deadlines and work effectively with others in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Ability to engage with stakeholders at a senior level to drive business change and improvement.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviours.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Leadership and Management Standard.
- Educated to degree level and/or professional qualification.
What’s on offer
We offer an excellent benefits package that helps to make The Guinness Partnership a great place to work. Benefits include but aren't limited to:
- Competitive Salary of £69,337 per annum (£63,337 per annum plus £6k LJS) rising to £72,670 (£66,670 per annum plus £6K LJS) after 12 months
- 25 days holiday & bank holidays (Plus option to purchase 5 additional holiday days)
- Amazing career development opportunities
- Access to Private Health scheme
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Access to Employee assistance programme
- Access to Benefits Portal offering everyday Lifestyle Benefits
- Professional qualification support & financial support for professional subscriptions
- Thank you awards - by nomination
- Aspire programme - £100 allowance per employee each financial year
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Training & E-learning courses
If you’re interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to view all of the key responsibilities and ensure you meet the essential criteria.
More searches like this
- Residential Development & Construction Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Construction Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Development / regeneration Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Land acquisition Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Planning Head of services £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)