New Business Manager
Guinness was founded in 1890, so we have been providing homes and services for nearly 130 years. We’re proud of our heritage, and excited about our future. What we’re here for hasn’t changed – to improve people’s lives and create possibilities for them. We’re committed to providing great homes and services to our customers across the country.
Over the next 5 years Guinness plans to build 10,000 new homes across the country, and we’re expanding our team to help us do this. We’re looking for experienced and talented development professionals, who share our vision and values, to join our team and help us deliver our exciting new build programme.
About the role
We now have an opportunity for a New Business Manager to join our Development team based in London. The successful candidate will focus on development and operational delivery of a wide range of new business opportunities within defined regions, supporting the Head of New Business in generating new business.
You will be joining the Development Team when planned growth includes the delivery of 1000-1500 homes per annum and a 2023 target of 7500 homes across all tenures. The team is dynamic, fast moving, agile and commercially focused in its approach to development.
- Identify, gain approval for and bring forward to Planning Permission or land purchase contract exchange new business opportunities for the development of new homes.
- Lead on acquisitions including the preparation/presentation of bids, acting as the main contact for third parties on specific business development issues within portfolio.
- Manage multi-disciplinary teams of property professionals, externally and across Guinness and project teams.
- Manage capital projects with a value of tens of millions of pounds, taking day-to-day budgetary responsibility for the same.
- Work closely with Directors and peers across the business, to ensure a consistent and corporate approach to information sharing and stakeholder engagement.
- Represent Guinness at a senior level with customers, external agencies, partners, local authorities, other Registered Providers, land agents and consultants to forge excellent relationships and generate new business.
- Work with colleagues in the Delivery Teams to ensure the effective appointment and performance management of third party contractors, consultants, developers and other partners to develop scheme appraisals.
- Develop detailed scenario planning and financial modelling to appraise the potential of new opportunities, co-ordinate project business plans and manage projects from inception to an agreed and seamless handover point to other Guinness teams.
- Prepare excellent PRG and other ET and Board – level reports in a timely manner and present to PRG and other groups to secure support for new business activity.
- Evaluate and effectively manage risk and ensure all records are maintained to auditable standards.
- Effectively collaborate with all internal departments and external partners of Guinness to ensure Guinness maintains the provision of an amazing customer focused service.
- Provide input into the preparation of Guinness’s Development Strategy, the Development Operating Plan, Revenue and Capital Budgets and ensure the achievement of agreed development programme targets, to include grant claims.
- Excellent social housing market knowledge and proven track record of acquiring land, property and new business opportunities.
- Current and practical knowledge of housing development / procurement, including relevant legislation and regulation.
- Proven experience of leading, managing and motivating teams.
- Knowledge and experience of budget and project management.
- Proven experience of project management and performance managing third parties.
- Ability to meet deadlines and work effectively in a complex and dynamic environment.
- Excellent oral and written communications and inter- personal skills.
- A sound understanding of funding models with the ability to provide credible feasibility analysis to leadership team.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office, project management software with the ability maximise the use of new technologies and flexible ways of working.
- Understanding of the national regeneration and development agenda.
- Experience and understanding of social housing legislation and regulation including health and safety, risk management, and environmental and sustainability issues.
- Proven customer service experience
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviours.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Leadership and Management Standard.
What’s on offer?
We offer an excellent benefits package that help make The Guinness Partnership a great place to work. These include but aren't limited to:
- Competitive salary of £69,337 (£63,337 plus £6K local job supplement per annum) rising to £72,670 (£66,670 plus £6K LJS per annum) after 12 months
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Private Health Insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare vouchers
- Benefits Portal - Everyone Lifestyle Benefits
- Eye test vouchers
- Aspire - £100 allowance per employee each financial year
- Professional qualification support
- Professional subscriptions
- Purchase additional leave
- Salary Sacrifice - Deduction of various benefits from 'gross' salary, before tax and NI deducted
- E-learning courses
If you’re interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to view all of the key responsibilities and ensure you meet the essential criteria.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Business development Manager £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Development / regeneration Manager £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Land acquisition Manager £70,000 - £89,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)