Resident Advisor - London
One Housing helps people to live better by providing high quality homes and care across London and the South East. We manage approximately 17,000 homes and have plans to build 5,000 over the next ten years. We also support over 9,000 people to help them live independently.
Our vision is to create places for people to call home and support them to live well. We do this by ensuring our five core values are embedded in everything we do, and by creating teams of dedicated people who share these values and actively contribute to achieving our shared vision.
We have an opportunity for a Resident Advisor to join our team in Sutton’s Wharf South. The role will sit within the Customer Operations department, which delivers a range of customer services through front line teams and specialist teams for our residents. This includes the corporate Customer Service Centre, income collection, Right to Acquire and staircasing’s, allocations and resident management and rent and service charge setting. Customer Operations also provides legal services to the organisation. This role would be suitable for candidates with the right skills and experience who also shares One Housing’s values and will make an active contribution to achieving our vision.
The Resident Advisor will work in the Resident Management team and will be responsible for dealing with any queries from residents on a patchless basis from all leaseholders, shared owners and social tenants that are too complex to handle in the Customer Service Centre, with the objective of continually reducing customer complaints.
- To be a customer service champion ensuring that all contacts are owned and resolved through to completion seizing opportunities to implement innovative and creative solutions.
- To assess and resolve a wide range of complex enquiries in accordance with established processes, procedures and policies with the objective of providing an outstanding customer experience. This includes, but is not limited to, permissions, licences, sublettings, assignments, tenancy visits, tenancy checks, general queries.
- Be responsible to completely resolve queries, liaising with other teams in a seamless fashion in the background, and making sure any decisions on complex matters are quickly obtained to enhance the customer experience and avoid out of the ordinary queries taking long to resolve.
- To utilise and promote a range of technologies to communicate with customers.
- To use necessary business systems in an appropriate way to record information relating to all interactions in accordance with established processes, procedures and policies to ensure accuracy of information and efficiency when dealing with customers.
- To carry out any home visits, site visits or office appointments to meet residents as required by any policy or process or agreed by the manager.
- To achieve all personal or business objectives, measures or targets, service level agreements and quality standards to maximise customer satisfaction.
- To work in a collaboratively and supportive way with internal colleagues, partners and other stakeholders to ensure the best possible experience is delivered for our customers.
- To ensure customers can influence our services by passing feedback and making suggestions on how our processes, procedures and policies can be amended to provide a better customer experience.
- To always represent the organisation in a professional and appropriate manner.
- Pro-actively contribute to the reputation of One Housing through all customer contact channels and provide customer service in a professional, friendly and empathic way.
- Undertake any other duties consistent with the basic objectives of the post and the objectives of the Customer Contact Centre.
- Leaseholder experience is paramount
- Demonstrate an excellent standard of numeracy and literacy.
- Excellent customer care and communication skills both oral and written.
- Possessing resilience.
- Working within tight statutory constraints in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to build excellent relationships across the business with all relevant stakeholders.
- IT literate with knowledge of Microsoft office applications and ability to learn and use appropriate in-house systems.
- Self-motivated, assertive and confident.
- Experience of resolving residents’ queries for either homeowners or tenants or both.
- Dealing with complex queries and challenging individuals in a constructive and effective way.
- High level knowledge of statutory, legal and contractual framework around tenancy, homeowners and shared owners’ management.
We want to support our colleagues to live well, through our offer of Benefits and Recognition, and by focusing on your Wellbeing.
Our Life@One colleague offer, includes the following excellent benefits:
- Salary – £30 000 - £35 000 (depending on experience)
- Annual leave – 28 days + bank holidays
- Pensions – One Housing is a sector-leader in the contributions we make to our colleagues’ pensions.
- Buying and selling annual leave - We know that getting the balance right between work and home life is a big part of supporting our colleagues’ wellbeing.
- Paid time off to volunteer in our communities.
- Season ticket loans
- A healthcare cashback plan – allowing you to claim back cash for you and your family’s routine healthcare.
- Colleague recognition scheme – we let you know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- One Academy – our innovative, in-house learning and development offering, designed to support with your personal and professional development.
- Study leave – up to five days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Career break - after three years’ continuous service.
Our commitment to diversity
As an organisation with a strong social purpose, One Housing works in some of the most diverse communities in the UK and our workforce reflects that. We understand the strength we gain by having diverse teams and supporting them to be their best. The different skills and experiences that our colleagues from different backgrounds bring to us allow us to make better decisions, consider different views and be an altogether more interesting and cohesive place to work. Additionally, as this is an urgent vacancy the interview dates are scheduled for 6th and 7th of June!
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Housing / neighbourhood management Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Tenant services Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)
- Tenancy representative Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in London (Greater)