Sanctuary Housing Services manages rented and shared ownership homes and supports community initiatives for thousands of customers across England. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives
Clare Walk, Brighton
£19,784 per annum (rising to £20,825 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance) (pro rata)
35 hours per week – Monday to Friday, 9.00am – 4.30pm
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Housing is one of the UK’s leading social landlords, providing around 70,000 homes across England. We give our residents good quality, affordable homes in communities that they can be proud of. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surplus we make back into the local communities we serve.
We have an excellent opportunity for a Scheme Manager to join our well established Housing for Older People scheme in Clare Walk, Brighton. You will be part of a small team based in Brighton, although you will mainly be working independently on site, with a focus on making a real difference to the lives of our residents. You will be responsible for providing support to maintain residents’ well-being and independence, delivering a quality housing management service and undertaking scheme health and safety compliance checks. Full support and training will be provided and although challenging, the role is equally rewarding. If you are highly motivated, compassionate and enjoy working with people, this could be the role for you.
The role of Scheme Manager will include:
- Supporting residents by providing information to promote independence
- Assisting residents with queries regarding welfare benefits and their tenancy
- Liaising with external agencies such as Social Workers concerning additional support requirements
- Undertaking compliance checks and scheme inspections, ensuring we comply with health and safety
- Identifying potential repairs/faults in the scheme, ensuring they are reported and monitored
- Managing vacant properties, liaising with Maintenance and Lettings teams
Skills and experiences:
- Experience of working with older people or vulnerable groups in a support capacity
- Knowledge of welfare benefits is desirable
- Excellent interpersonal and communicative skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and with fast changing requirements
- Experience of using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook), or similar
- Knowledge of SAP and ReACT system is desirable
- Occasional travel may be a requirement of the role, for example to attend meetings and receive training in other locations, therefore a full valid driving licence is desirable. There will also be a requirement to provide cover to two other schemes on occasion when staff are on leave.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service (pro rata)
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent salary is £21,197 based on 37.5 hours per week
Closing Date: 28 June 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.