Head of IT Operations
This post is responsible for the 24/7 operational management of all the IT operations activities for the entire organisation. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading four teams of IT professionals who support the business-critical infrastructure, network, telephony/comms and enterprise applications. As a customer centric organisation there is an on-call requirement outside core working hours on a 24/7 basis.
- Significant proven experience of IT operational management in a business critical, 24/7 environment
- Ability to work autonomously, exercising good initiative and judgement
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Proven track record of leading change management programmes
- Broad understanding of a range of infrastructure technologies including data centres, 0365, telephony, firewalls and SAN and ideally enterprise applications
- Experience of working within an ITIL and multi-site environments
- Proven people management (to include the management of mangers), time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and targets
- Proven attention to detail and ability to work on a variety of tasks simultaneously.
- Proven experience and ability to deliver excellent customer care and valuing diversity
- A commitment to continuing professional development