Lancaster Way, Ely
£32,579 per annum (rising to £34,293 after 12 months service subject to satisfactory performance)
40 hours per week
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Maintenance provides in-house repairs and maintenance services for an extensive portfolio of properties across Sanctuary Group’s organisations. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we aim to achieve outstanding results for our customers based on our values - working in an open and transparent way, creating strong partnerships with our customers and providing a first-class customer service.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Trade Supervisor to join our Planned Maintenance team based in Ely. The team are responsible for carrying out major refurbishments across a number of schemes in the Ely area. As Trade Supervisor you will manage and coordinate a large team of trade operatives, always ensuring the delivery of high quality construction, fault fixing and maintenance services.
The role of Trade Supervisor will include:
- Supervising Trade Operatives on site; ensuring health and safety regulations are adhered to at all times
- Processing required orders for materials and managing resources effectively
- Forming part of a management team within an office environment
- Responding positively to complaints and breakdowns in services
- Assisting with the recruitment, performance and development of staff
Skills and experiences:
- Previous experience supervising staff within a maintenance or construction environment
- Proven ability to effectively recruit, manage and develop staff
- Working knowledge of the application of Health and Safety legislation
- Ability to use and update computerised systems (including PDA) for work scheduling
- This role will involve driving on company business. In order to drive a company vehicle, drivers must hold a full valid UK driving licence
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday (plus public holidays), rising to 30 days after 5 years service
- Health and well-being plans, including voluntary critical illness scheme
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
To view the job profile, please click here
Closing Date: 20 June 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Maintenance Contractors Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Ely
- Maintenance / Repair Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Ely
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Ely
- Construction Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Ely
- Other Housing jobs Manager £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent in Ely