Clerk of Works
Guinness was founded in 1890, so we have been providing homes and services for nearly 130 years. We’re proud of our heritage, and excited about our future. What we’re here for hasn’t changed – to improve people’s lives and create possibilities for them. We’re committed to providing great homes and services to our customers across the country.
Over the next 5 years Guinness plans to build 10,000 new homes across the country, and we’re expanding our team to help us do this. We’re looking for experienced and talented development professionals, who share our vision and values, to join our team and help us deliver our exciting new build programme.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Clerk of Works to join our development team in Milton Keynes on a permanent basis.
You will be joining Guinness at a fantastic time with real opportunity to influence how we manage the delivery of our major, complex development and regeneration projects. Reporting to the Construction Quality & Design Manager, you’ll be primarily responsible for:
- Monitoring the quality of all materials and workmanship ensuring compliance with the building contract/development agreement and drawings/specifications. Carry out all snagging and technical inspections to ensure completion to required standard.
- Leading on scheme reviews in relation to pre contract plans and specifications and reporting back to the CDQ Manager.
- Ensuring the Employers Agent and their representatives undertake the relevant number of inspections. Working with the Employers Agent to advise of potential problems and establish satisfactory construction outcomes.
- Working in close partnership with the contractor and consultancy team, to support the overall objectives of construction to time, cost and quality of the project.
- Ensuring the Golden Thread of information and detailing is well managed and documented appropriately.
- Keeping accurate records on site and report regularly to the Guinness project manager. Provide specific contract and general technical support to the team.
- Ensuring that all adoption inspections have been carried out together with all work for the final handover. Advise on any items of specification that have caused problems during the contract and defects period.
- Ensuring Fire safety Regulation 38 legislation is adhered to and that the final fire strategy is correct and accurately reflects the current fire safety precautions in the building.
- Inspecting planned maintenance works and responsive repairs when required for quality of workmanship and compliance with specification.
- Reporting and advising on both fire safety and H&S compliance on all operational projects.
- Proven construction experience in either a trade role or supervisory/ management role.
- Knowledge of current building regulations.
- Knowledge of modern methods of construction.
- Proven customer service experience.
- Good attention to detail.
- Knowledge of contractual and non-contractual defects.
- Technical construction skills.
- Good oral and written communications and interpersonal skills.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Evidence on ongoing personal development.
- Appropriate Construction Skills certification Card (CSCS) Card.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviours.
- Minimum HNC/HND in Construction, Surveying of the Built Environment
- Member of the Institute of Clerk of Works (ICWCI) or CIOB, RICS (any membership grade, including student)
What’s on offer
We offer an excellent benefits package that helps to make The Guinness Partnership a great place to work. Benefits include but aren't limited to:
- Competitive Salary of £38,594 rising to £40,625 after 12 months
- 25 days holiday & bank holidays (Plus option to purchase 5 additional holiday days)
- Amazing career development opportunities
- Access to Simply Health scheme
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Access to Employee assistance programme
- Access to Benefits Portal offering everyday Lifestyle Benefits
- Professional qualification support & financial support for professional subscriptions
- Thank you awards - by nomination
- Aspire programme - £100 allowance per employee each financial year
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Training & E-learning courses
If you’re interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to view all of the key responsibilities and ensure you meet the essential criteria.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Partner £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Procurement Partner £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Project management Partner £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Residential Development & Construction Partner £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Development / regeneration Partner £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes