Senior Clerk of Works
Guinness was founded in 1890, so we have been providing homes and services for nearly 130 years. We’re proud of our heritage, and excited about our future. What we’re here for hasn’t changed – to improve people’s lives and create possibilities for them. We’re committed to providing great homes and services to our customers across the country.
Over the next 5 years Guinness plans to build 10,000 new homes across the country, and we’re expanding our team to help us do this. We’re looking for experienced and talented development professionals, who share our vision and values, to join our team and help us deliver our exciting new build programme.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Clerk of Works to join our development team in Milton Keynes on a permanent basis.
You will be joining Guinness at a fantastic time with real opportunity to influence how we manage the delivery of our major, complex development and regeneration projects. Reporting to the Senior Clerk of Works, you’ll be primarily responsible for:
- Managing quality control (materials and workmanship) on major project schemes. Ensuring that schemes are in full compliance with Building Regulations, development agreement, drawings and specifications, comply with Guinness standards and funder’s requirements and represent good value for money.
- Carrying out all snagging and technical inspections to ensure completion to required standard.
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate contacts with building contractors, consultants and other agencies involved in housing development and actively promote Guinness’ services externally, especially in relation to the various professional institutes such as the RICS and ICWCI.
- Ensuring the golden thread of information and change management is well managed and documented appropriately across the entire programme with a robust QA process.
- Working closely with colleagues in other departments to ensure the accurate provision of information on programme performance and handover on all tenures.
- Leading, managing, coaching and providing direction to the other Clerk of Works to deliver results and great customer service across the programme.
- Liaising with colleagues and managing external consultants to ensure effective performance and delivery of their duties.
- Liaising with statutory bodies to achieve compliance and achieve scheme delivery on programme.
- Ensuring Fire safety Regulation 38 is adhered to and that the final fire strategy is correct and accurately reflects the current fire safety precautions in the building and across the entire programme.
- Engaging with key stakeholders and partners to deliver schemes successfully and on programme and contribute to the development and implementation of the services approved development strategy.
- Reporting and advising on both fire safety and H&S compliance across all operational projects.
- Proven track record in project management and negotiation.
- Proven experience of site management in complex and high rise housing developments.
- Proven customer service experience.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good knowledge of contractual and non-contractual defects and their diagnosis.
- Good technical construction knowledge.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to manage project budgets and control expenditure.
- Excellent oral and written communications and interpersonal skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including word, excel and outlook.
- Excellent Knowledge of defect management systems, such as
- Clixifix or equivalent.
- Demonstrable Continuous Personal Development history (CPD).
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience of development project management of either social rent, home ownership, supported housing or private sector development.
- Knowledge of external fund-raising methods.
- Ability to recognise the contractual implications of issues and instructions within a contract/ development agreement.
- Demonstrates the Guinness Behaviours.
- Degree level qualification in either construction, surveying or the built environment
- ICWCI Membership (minimum licentiate grade), RICS or CIOB
What’s on offer
We offer an excellent benefits package that helps to make The Guinness Partnership a great place to work. Benefits include but aren't limited to:
- Competitive Salary of £47,673 rising to £50,182 after 12 months
- 25 days holiday & bank holidays (Plus option to purchase 5 additional holiday days)
- Amazing career development opportunities
- Access to Private Health scheme
- Competitive Pension Scheme
- Access to Employee assistance programme
- Access to Benefits Portal offering everyday Lifestyle Benefits
- Professional qualification support & financial support for professional subscriptions
- Thank you awards - by nomination
- Aspire programme - £100 allowance per employee each financial year
- Cycle to Work scheme
- Training & E-learning courses
If you’re interested in joining us and would like to apply for this role, please review the role profile to view all of the key responsibilities and ensure you meet the essential criteria.
More searches like this
- Homes and Asset Management Partner £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Procurement Partner £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Project management Partner £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Residential Development & Construction Partner £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes
- Development / regeneration Partner £50,000 - £59,999 Permanent jobs in Milton Keynes