An exciting opportunity has arisen within GLH for a new post of Engagement Officer.
GLH is number 12 in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Not-For-Profit Organisations to Work for 2019 and has the top rating of G1 V1 from the Regulator of Social Housing.
If are you passionate about improving the lives of people with a learning disability and you are an expert in your field we would like to hear from you.
You will be based at our office in Manchester but travel across England, Wales and Northern Ireland will be required. Some overnight stays and flexibility around working hours will also be needed.
Within the role, you will:
- Coordinate the implementation of GLH’s customer engagement strategy.
- Develop relationships, grow knowledge and empower our tenants and staff to advance the delivery of excellent customer engagement so that GLH becomes a leader in this field.
- Proactively work with GLH trustees, tenants, staff and stakeholders to develop and advance GLH’s approach to ensure the delivery on an excellent customer involvement model including setting up customer panels in North and South of the country and support their development to work at board level.
You will be passionate about your work, proactive in your approach, customer driven and be able to demonstrate GLH values in all you do.
Good knowledge and experience of customer engagement, supported by an understanding of learning disability is important. A specialist supported housing background would be ideal but we are also interested in hearing from people who have relevant experience of working in a similar role in other organisations.
Please apply with an up to date CV and Cover letter to be considered for the role.
As well as knowing that what we do is making a positive difference to people’s lives, you will receive fair pay and have access to a wide range of rewards and benefits as one of our employees.
- 32 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme
- Service related sick pay when 6 month probation is completed
- Eligibility to join Mencap Pension Plan where Mencap matches contributions upto 5% on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings. If you don’t join the Plan you will be auto-enrolled into NEST
- Membership of Mencap Pension Plan to include up to 3 times salary death in service live cover AND Income Protection of 50% salary to be triggered at 26 weeks of long term sickness
- Loans for debt consolidation,bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback from 3% to 30% at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
- Access to award winning training and development
For more information on this role, including how to apply, please click the red 'apply' button to be redirected.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Manchester
- Tenant services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Manchester
- Corporate Services Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Manchester
- Communications / PR Officer £30,000 - £39,999 Permanent jobs in Manchester