Compliance Risk & Assurance Manager
The role & Responsibilities
This is a critical role in the organisation and will work cross organisationally with a range of staff including the Senior Leadership Team and Executive. This role has line management responsibility for the new Business Continuity and Policy Officer post.
The Corporate Compliance Team within the Governance and Compliance Directorate has been created to deliver a high quality, professional, customer-focussed service to the Group. It will deliver a step-change in performance in its areas of responsibility with the objective of supporting delivery of the 2018/23 corporate plan and protecting the Group’s reputation.
The key objectives of this leadership role are to:
- Provide sound technical advice to the business on regulatory and compliance matters including but not limited to the Regulator of Social Housing’s (RSH) regulatory standards, anti-fraud, anti-money laundering, Payment Card Industry and Consumer Credit License compliance.
- To keep a watching brief on emerging and new areas of corporate compliance and advise the Head of Corporate Compliance, Risk and Assurance and the Group Director Governance and Compliance of any actions that may need to be taken.
- Working with the Head of Corporate Compliance, Risk and Assurance and the wider business, to ensure that regulatory returns are complete, accurate and are submitted on time.
- Work proactively and constructively with business managers to help them understand compliance requirements in relation to corporate regulatory standards (excluding Health and Safety/Asset Compliance).
- Support managers in developing control frameworks that deliver regulatory compliance.
Risk and Assurance
- Maintain and develop the corporate assurance framework and lead on feedback and learning.
- Support the Head of Corporate Compliance, Risk and Assurance in the 6-monthly directors’ assurance statement process.
- Support the Head of Corporate Compliance, Risk and Assurance in the development and embedding of sound proportionate risk management processes across the Group.
- Support the development of the Group’s Risk Management Strategy and Policy.
- Support the Head of Corporate Compliance, Risk and Assurance in working with the Executive and wider Senior Leadership Team, to oversee the development of risk registers, both operational and strategic.
- Sound technical expertise in corporate compliance areas relevant to the Group including, for example, the Regulator of Social Housing’s regulatory standards, Anti Money Laundering, Anti-Fraud, PCI, Consumer Credit Licence.
- Highly developed analytical skills.
- Demonstrable experience of working collaboratively at senior management level.
- Demonstrable experience of and understanding of corporate risk management both strategic and operational.
- An experienced people manager.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and delivery orientated.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly developed report writing skills with minimal oversight/editing required.
- Ability to innovate.
- Demonstrable experience of working within a regulated sector.
- Degree level education.
- High level of IT skills and literacy.
We want to support our colleagues to live well, through our offer of Benefits and Recognition, and by focusing on your Wellbeing.
Our Life@One colleague offer, includes the following excellent benefits:
- Salary – £45,000 - £50,000
- Annual leave – 28 days plus bank holidays
- Pensions – One Housing is a sector-leader in the contributions we make to our colleagues’ pensions.
- Buying and selling annual leave - We know that getting the balance right between work and home life is a big part of supporting our colleagues’ wellbeing.
- Paid time off to volunteer in our communities.
- Season ticket loans
- A healthcare cashback plan – allowing you to claim back cash for you and your family’s routine healthcare.
- Colleague recognition scheme – we let you know when you’ve done a #greatjob
- One Academy – our innovative, in-house learning and development offering, designed to support with your personal and professional development.
- Study leave – up to five days off per year to study toward a relevant qualification.
- Career break - after three years’ continuous service.
To begin your career with One Housing, and begin to make a real difference to the lives of thousands of people; Apply Now!
More searches like this
- Corporate Services Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Government and compliance Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- HR / Organisational development Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Policy / Strategy Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)
- Residential Development & Construction Manager £40,000 - £49,999 Permanent jobs in London (Central)