Sanctuary Housing Services manages rented and shared ownership homes and supports community initiatives for thousands of customers across England. Our staff help make a real difference to the quality of people’s lives.
Temporary position for up to 12 months
Woodview House, Paignton
£28,373 per annum (pro rata)
37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday – 9.00am – 5.00pm
Why work for us?
Sanctuary Housing is one of the UK’s leading social landlords, providing around 70,000 homes across England. We provide our residents with good quality, affordable homes in communities that they can be proud of. As part of a not-for-profit organisation, we reinvest any surplus we make back into the local communities we serve.
The role of Housing Officer will include:
This is a varied opportunity that will see you managing a range of situations including complex cases of ASB (anti social behaviour), which may include attending evictions, liaising with tenancy enforcement agencies, gathering relevant information to support this and managing the complaint process for the service area. You will also support new tenant sign ups, working closely with the Lettings team to allocate void properties. To compliment the day to day tasks, you will also attend various meetings to coordinate tenancy termination, property clearance, and to discuss/enable business strategy and support Tenancy Auditing and Fraud investigations.
Skills and experiences:
Proven experience of working within the social housing sector will be a distinct advantage in this role, as will knowledge of relevant housing regulations and legislation. It is also important that you have previous experience of working within a tenancy focused management role with a demonstrable ability to work confidently and independently. Calling upon your excellent problem solving skills, you will use your initiative to solve complex queries and in the process, will build strong working relationships with internal and external customers. A basic understanding of Microsoft Office packages is desirable, along with the ability to update electronic systems.
Travel is a requirement of the role; therefore, a full valid driving licence is essential.
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer a comprehensive reward and benefits package appropriate for the role that you do, including:
- A pension scheme with employer contributions from Sanctuary
- At least 25 days paid holiday, rising to 30 days after 5 years service (pro rata)
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient savings through our Cycle to Work scheme
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
Closing Date: 2 July 2019
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
‘For an insight into what it’s like to work for us, take a look at #LifeatSanctuary on Twitter’
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent illegal working.
A basic Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Housing Services Limited is a subsidiary of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
More searches like this
- Community and Customer Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Paignton
- Anti-social behaviour Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Paignton
- Housing / neighbourhood management Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Paignton
- Corporate Services Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Paignton
- Administration Officer £20,000 - £29,999 Fixed Term Contract jobs in Paignton